The Newsroom

BBC World News from New Broadcasting House

14th January 2013 - The Worlds Newsroom (January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Does Business world Live get a repeat else where bar 5.30 UK time?
DE
deejay
World Business Report is on at other times of the day but only on BBC World News.
A former member
World Business Report is on at other times of the day but only on BBC World News.

I take it, its done live at 5.30am UK time but with later episodes are repeats else where.
LX
lxflyer
No - they are all live.

World Business Report is broadcast live on BBC World News at 05:30, 06:30, 07:45, 11:30, 14:30 and 17:30 UK time.
SN
The SNT Three
No - they are all live.

World Business Report is broadcast live on BBC World News at 05:30, 06:30, 07:45, 11:30, 14:30 and 17:30 UK time.

I hadn't realised the show had become so rare - I'm pretty sure it was on at least every other hour just a few years ago...
LL
London Lite Founding member
No - they are all live.

I hadn't realised the show had become so rare - I'm pretty sure it was on at least every other hour just a few years ago...

There is also another business bulletin as part of GMT at 1230 BST.
A former member
Dont forget Asian business live, during the night aswell.
HB
HarryB
Dont forget Asian business live , during the night aswell.

Asia Business Report...
A former member
Dont forget Asian business live , during the night aswell.

Asia Business Report...

The spell checking should have pick up the first word, the last part not excusable Embarassed
DE
deejay
There is also Africa Business Report but it's a recorded programme.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/n13xtmrr

There was also India Business Report (until April 2016) and Middle East Business Report (until March 2015). Both were tape programmes and not all showings were globally transmitted. Business Edition was a programme shown in the evening (London time) which has a complicated history and in 2015 was renamed Business Live and took the branding from the 0830 edition which had launched the year before. It's since been dropped from the schedule so the 0830 showing is once again it's only outing in the schedule.

Incidentally, World Business Report is one of the original programme names from when BBC World launched in 1995.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Incidentally, World Business Report is one of the original programme names from when BBC World launched in 1995.

I may be wrong but I think the WBR brand may have even existed before 1995 - back into the WSTV days!
RK
Rkolsen

There was also India Business Report (until April 2016) and Middle East Business Report (until March 2015). Both were tape programmes and not all showings were globally transmitted. Business Edition was a programme shown in the evening (London time) which has a complicated history and in 2015 was renamed Business Live and took the branding from the 0830 edition which had launched the year before. It's since been dropped from the schedule so the 0830 showing is once again it's only outing in the schedule.

Were there any particular reasons (that can be posted publicly) as to why India and Middle East Business Reports were cancelled?

Newer posts