The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
I've never been a fan of the fake newsroom backdrop which just gives off the impression that there's no-one there doing anything.
SE
seamus

Looks like the window will be back after all!
bkman1990 and London Lite gave kudos
RD
RDJ
Fab! My reckoning is that it will be modelled on the National set with the real newsroom backdrop but with screens just to the one side as opposed to both sides due to the size constraints. And you can forget about the catwalk too!
MW
Mike W

Looks like the window will be back after all!

That was mentioned a few days ago, though the tweet not embedded. One thing I did notice is the bit shown in the timelapse is further back to the wall than the old 2004 set was with the rear projection screen - so I think RDJ is reasonably close. Or knowing MTD they'll just have the newsroom visible behind the screens!
BA
Bail Moderator
A little bird tells me we may not see the window again... Think London
tmorgan96 and London Lite gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Seems silly not to use the window - it's on brand to match Studio E. But perhaps less flexible to redress for other programmes like Late Kick Off (although light it in yellow and it might look close enough to the Salford Sports News set)
BA
Bail Moderator
Have you seen the Timeline set that Scotland use in their version of that studio? I'd say it's very suited to being redressed.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
My point was that a window into the newsroom makes redressing more difficult. You can't put something else onto the window like you can if the window is a big screen.
MW
Mike W

Seems the window is kind of returning
Last edited by Mike W on 25 April 2017 4:09pm
SE
seamus
Seems like it'll only be visible in wide shots, which is a fair compromise. I expect we'll see a skyline backdrop on the screens like London?
FA
fanoftv
Could they fix a camera in the newsroom to look across the newsroom into the studio at the start and end of the programme (similar to the national bulletin opening)?
IS
Inspector Sands
Is it just me that always thinks @mtd is Match of The Day?

Newer posts