The Newsroom

NEWS at TEN - January 2016 Relaunch

Big Ben & Bradby (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Interesting stat in this article that unsurprisingly BBC News has benefitted most from dropping News at Ten with its average up from 4.2m to around 5m.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/18/theresa-may-rules-out-participating-in-tv-debates-before-election?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard
AA
Aaron_2015
Interesting stat in this article that unsurprisingly BBC News has benefitted most from dropping News at Ten with its average up from 4.2m to around 5m.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/18/theresa-may-rules-out-participating-in-tv-debates-before-election?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Hmm, not sure about that - they took two ratings and compared them to a yearly average. Looking at BBC News ratings every day on the DS Ratings Thread, the boost has been minimal.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Yes, a biased report. A yearly average would include the middle of summer, ridiculously slow news days, all kinds of stuff, so comparing two ratings to that is false

If they wanted to they could say that The Nightly Show was a success as the 2.2m it got on Monday was better than the 1.8m ITV News at Ten used to get, but that would be called out immediately.
BR
Brekkie
The average rating is implied to be the year to date rather than the full year, but do take your point.
BR
Brekkie
Considering they've not used the News at Ten titles the two times they've aired at 10pm in recent weeks I guess it's unlikely the 10.30 titles will be retained for future late bulletins.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Considering they've not used the News at Ten titles the two times they've aired at 10pm in recent weeks I guess it's unlikely the 10.30 titles will be retained for future late bulletins.

I was surprised thry didn't use the News At Ten titles last night. But, was this classed as an ITV News Special rather than an extended News At Ten? Just a thought.

12 days later

WL
W1LL
May have missed the discussion of this, but the News at Ten Promo with Julie Etchingham seems to be doing the rounds on ITV again, though the Bradby version is nowhere to be seen. Seems strange to be promoting a programme by using its relief presenter.
BR
Brekkie
I did see the Bradby version the other day. Julie's appearances on News at Ten (and 10.30) seem to be getting increasingly rare - seems to be someone else more often than not when Tom is off now.
DV
dvboy
Julie is probably busy with the Tonight, including the election specials that start a week Monday.

I know this is bordering on rota territory but it's publicly available information. According to Digiguide, she last presented 10/10:30 on Tuesday 11 April and is next due to present on Wednesday 3 May.

Newer posts