The Newsroom

International Weather Coverage

Split from The Weather Thread (May 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
Hazimworks
TVB8 automated world weather forecast:
Last edited by Hazimworks on 15 April 2017 12:19am
HA
Hazimworks
Reposting from another thread:
RTS Switzerland weather. 2 February 2017.

RTS have finally dumped the CSO and SD for what I think is part of the RTS Info news set.

When did they drop their famous rooftop weather forecasts?

Schweizer Fernsehen (the German Speaking broadcaster are the rooftop met people.

AD
ADmanamDA
[Redundant post. Please ignore...]
Last edited by ADmanamDA on 18 April 2017 7:12am
HA
Hazimworks
From Belgium: VRT Het Weer (the weather) has come up with a new and futuristic virtual set recently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRaudLmInV8

This has already been featured in the last page. Please don't put the video again. BTW I have no interest with the video.

11 days later

LL
London Lite Founding member
In recent weeks, France 2 have used the post 8pm forecast to promote their 8.55pm shows by using actors from the shows to gatecrash in character. In this clip, Cécile Bois is in character as Candice Renoir at the end of Chloé Nabédian's forecast.

72 days later

LL
M6 in France has had a refresh of some of their weather graphics and a new sung intro.

Quatorzine Neko, Hatton Cross and WW Update gave kudos
HC
Hatton Cross
Identical styling/graphics/animation/heat map to France 2 weather, which has also had a upgrade in recent weeks, if I'm not mistaken.
MeteoFrance/Meteogroup produce both don't they?

So now wondering if that's what the BBC Weather forecasts will look like graphically when Meteogroup take over the broadcast contract - as they'll be running same graphics engines.
LL
Identical styling/graphics/animation/heat map to France 2 weather, which has also had a upgrade in recent weeks, if I'm not mistaken.
MeteoFrance/Meteogroup produce both don't they?

I believe they had tweaks recently, but today they went full on with new maps and summary graphics.

Hatton Cross and WW Update gave kudos
QN
Quatorzine Neko
I'd say that both France 2 and M6 took lessons from TF1's maps, which first adopted the "yellow = sunny" code, as early as in the nineties.

The TF1 weather maps stayed the most legible among those of the main French TV channels, in my opinion. This clarity continues today, and this contributed to the leadership of TF1's weather bulletins in France. And this probably explains why M6 and France 2 want to get closer to TF1's look.
LL

The TF1 weather maps stayed the most legible among those of the main French TV channels, in my opinion. This clarity continues today, and this contributed to the leadership of TF1's weather bulletins in France. And this probably explains why M6 and France 2 want to get closer to TF1's look.

The graphics really don't work on LCI's video wall though.

LL
Back to France for the 14th July concert in Paris where France 2 had an OB bulletin before the event started.

38 days later

MO
Mouseboy33
KFOR 4 Oklahoma City. The epicenter of severe weather is without question Oklahoma City. Well KFOR has built a new reinforced new studios with this concrete walls and steel to protect staff also will allow the channel to continue to broadcast. They also launched with a new name, graphics, studio and music. Formerly known as Newschannel4 its new name is Oklahoma News 4.

The new studios really put the weather front and central to its broadcasts. You can see the multi-layer approach to their weather centre. It will will get extensive use when the station is on air doing rolling coverage for 5-6-7 or more hours at a time. There is certainly a off air area as well in which the ham radio and other field gathering operations will take place. Certainly the meteorologist had a great input into what the weather center layout will be and how they plan to use it on air.
For those of you that think Weather Centres are a waste of space watch the OKC stations use them on air and you see how useful they are in continuing the station branding whilst delivering life-saving weather information in the heart of Tornado Alley. Well done to KFOR on their new building.
Pics from KFOR.com

Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 22 August 2017 3:49am - 2 times in total

Newer posts