The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
deejay
Off to the canal side while the new set goes in. Few clues from Toby on twitter, despite plenty asking if the glass studio wall is coming back...

DS
DarthSidious
I actually really liked this set, but just disliked the backdrop.

Be very interesting to see what they do. From those pictures, it doesn't look so tiny. Maybe they can replace the projection screen with newer tech, so it takes less space?
BR
Brekkie
I guess they'll be bringing the English regions in line with the NBH sets. I think so far these have only been rolled out in the nations. If it is the case though I'd have thought Salford should be first in line.
WL
W1LL
I guess they'll be bringing the English regions in line with the NBH sets. I think so far these have only been rolled out in the nations. If it is the case though I'd have thought Salford should be first in line.

Don't Nottingham, Plymouth and Tunbridge Wells already have NBH inspired sets?
RD
RDJ
LL
London Lite Founding member
Pretty sure it was said the last time they used the view, just keep it as it is.
AN
Andrew Founding member
What's are those premises immediately behind the presenter?
IS
Inspector Sands
What's are those premises immediately behind the presenter?

The one that looks like a giant game of tetris? That's The Cube
http://www.thecube.co.uk
AN
Andrew Founding member
I was wondering if they were apartments or a hotel, and therefore you could basically have a clear live shot of someone's living accommodation behind the presenter.
DV
dvboy
It's mostly offices with retail at the bottom and a restaurant on the top floor.
NI
nigel
RDJ posted:

What's this space usually used for?
NG
noggin Founding member
nigel posted:
RDJ posted:

What's this space usually used for?

That looks like it is in roughly the same place as the old Politics Show set used to be, though it may have been used for other things since then I expect.

I guess that since all network production stopped in Birmingham, there isn't quite such a demand for desk space in The Mailbox (particularly over a Bank Holiday weekend)

Newer posts