« Topics
Brekkie31,151 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Or thirdly they drove the viewers they did have away and the slow but steady progress News at Ten had been making has been completely undone with one misguided experiment.

I do suspect they just about got away with it and given News at Ten more of a claim on the slot than it's had in the last few years.

Also does OFCOM still stipulate how often News at Ten has to air at 10pm or is it now down to ITV completely. Just wondering if The Nightly Show has basically used up all their non-10pm slots for the years, meaning it should be secure in the slot for the next few months.
I preferred the internet when it had a sense of humour.
Nicky gave kudos
Skygeek889 posts since 5 Feb 2014
Or thirdly they drove the viewers they did have away and the slow but steady progress News at Ten had been making has been completely undone with one misguided experiment.

I'd forgotten that one actually, which is a bit dim of me considering what programme I work on!

But yes... what he said! Laughing
There is a rule about ITV broadcasting NEWS in peak time, but it seem Ofcom has peak time from 6pm - 11pm.
Hazimworks290 posts since 4 Dec 2013
I may be wrong but I don't think there's anything stopping ITV axing News at Ten completely and changing to a short summary. Prime-time news coverage (again I could be wrong) is sufficiently covered with Evening News.

Off topic but in Malaysia and Australia (I think) they have enough prime time news coverage in the 8 pm and 6 pm news respectively.
Steve Williams2,666 posts since 1 Aug 2008
There is a rule about ITV broadcasting NEWS in peak time, but it seem Ofcom has peak time from 6pm - 11pm.

Yes, which is why when they moved the news to eleven, they moved the teatime news from 5.40 to 6.30. ITV are already exceeding the quota of news in primetime by having both bulletins within Ofcom's definition of it - which was not the case at any time before 2001.
Critique3,156 posts since 9 Aug 2009
Anglia (East) Look East
When you look at it, it's amazing that the ITV Morning News/News at 5:30 lasted as long as it did. If I remember correctly, they had next to no obligation to produce a bulletin then, as it much more than required. I suppose once they had full control of the breakfast slot, they didn't really need to do their own thing anymore.
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore