« Topics
bluecortina591 posts since 26 Jul 2012
Bradley's given the show the energy boost it needed from Day 1. The new intro generates the buzz and Brad comes out like he's been hosting the show for years. There's none of this "well here's something we're going to try", he straight in with "we cross over to Joe who's getting a hedgehog shoved up his bum". He's presenting it with confidence and, while it's not perfect with the lack of any real sketches and no proper monologue, I think it's the best state I've seen the show in. Dermot might've been a competent presenter but Bradley's eccentricity and enthusiasm is giving it the liveliness the show needs. As much as I like Jason Manford, he's far too grounded and "normal" to keep this up next week.

I caught 5 minutes of this last night, still not my cup of tea at all, but from what I saw it backs up my previous comments about the difference between a professional entertainer and a professional presenter. Bradley looked at ease, confident and completely happy with a go with the flow attitude. And no obvious continually 'reading from the autocue' even if he has to at times.
Brekkie28,258 posts since 4 Jan 2003
HTV Wales Wales Today
Bradley can pretty much turn his hand to anything and if out of this they get a weekly show fronted by Bradley, possibly in the Friday 9pm slot, they'd probably deem it a worth while exercise, even if that show only ran for 8 weeks or so.

Is Bradley Walsh fronting the next series of Tonight at the London Palladium, which begins filming next week?
Shouldn't that have been posted in the "John Logie Baird has Invented Television" thread?
Larry the Loafer gave kudos
Larry the Loafer4,903 posts since 2 Jul 2005
Granada North West Today
Dermot was arguably the best of a bad bunch up until that point. Now Bradley has injected much more energy into it and Jason seems to be doing his best to carry the same torch, I have a feeling it might decline during its last week. Either Dermot will have everything back how he had it complete with lone piano player, or he'll unnaturally try to carry what Jason left.
fanoftv7,580 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Central (West) Midlands Today
I imagine that as a production they'll keep the band. Maybe they'll try to get Peter Dickson to be Dermot's voice over guy.

Ellie's voice was a bit weak over the opening compared to Redd Pepper's.

They brought back in elements from the previous weeks such as the internet clips at the end and the standing monologue. It's a nice compromise without having Joe Pasquale having something else done to his body.
Square Eyes7,264 posts since 31 Mar 2001
Gordon Ramsay clearly did the most for this show in terms of creating a wider impact. The intention was to get the sketches / segments etc. to go 'viral' beyond the show itself in a James Corden type way.

Ramsay as a globally recognised celeb did that. All of the top rated clips on the shows YouTube channel are from the Ramsay week there are a couple hitting almost 3m views. Most of the others did terribly on that front with a few thousand views or even a few hundred for Dermot, John Bishop, Davina etc.
DavidWhitfield and dbl gave kudos
VMPhil8,280 posts since 31 Mar 2005
Granada North West Today
Gordon Ramsay clearly did the most for this show in terms of creating a wider impact. The intention was to get the sketches / segments etc. to go 'viral' beyond the show itself in a James Corden type way.

Ramsay as a globally recognised celeb did that. All of the top rated clips on the shows YouTube channel are from the Ramsay week there are a couple hitting almost 3m views. Most of the others did terribly on that front with a few thousand views or even a few hundred for Dermot, John Bishop, Davina etc.

I also saw this on Twitter:

tmorgan96 gave kudos
BeanoMaster258 posts since 4 Nov 2014
Meridian (South) South Today

I think that's more to do with Ramsay being well known in the USA than the content.
Hazimworks and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
dbl8,640 posts since 11 Jun 2004
London London
Nice - they've incorporated an Olivier Awards gag into the titles. (With Jason running from the awards to the TNS studio)
Last edited by dbl on 11 April 2017 10:35pm
JoshX gave kudos