The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
I would have thought they'd use the glass box for the Press Preview after News at Ten during the day of Article 50 coverage, but they're doing it from College Green.
AL
alexhb01
Just caught this, just as VT went to play. Any idea what it is?

DK
DanielK

Looks like a really old coming up sequence.
RH
richard h
Something new this morning on Sunrise Tamara Cohen was sat in Westminster with I'm assuming a live view of Big Ben and the surrounding area behind her with 3 Sky News logo's on the windows 1 of which was covering the clock face at 6:35am. it makes a nice change from the white background but looks a bit of a mess with the logo's. Previously at 6am she was sat in the normal Westminster studio that sky news tonight comes from.
II
IrelandIsle
It looked terrible to me, with the logos the partitions in the glass and the lighting was really weird on the middle pain of glass on the left hand side, far too distracting with too much noise from all those things.
SK
skyviewer
Something new this morning on Sunrise Tamara Cohen was sat in Westminster with I'm assuming a live view of Big Ben and the surrounding area behind her with 3 Sky News logo's on the windows 1 of which was covering the clock face at 6:35am. it makes a nice change from the white background but looks a bit of a mess with the logo's. Previously at 6am she was sat in the normal Westminster studio that sky news tonight comes from.

This never is a live shot, at 6:30am the light is coming from a completely different angle. More than two hours later it looked exactly the same. Probably a recorded sequence.
JK
JK08
Anything's better than the plain white background we've had since the move to the glass box.
DavidWhitfield and Mouseboy33 gave kudos
DO
dosxuk
Except that
bilky asko, Critique and House gave kudos
RO
Rofters

It's probably a transition into/out of something with technical info.
RH
richard h

This never is a live shot, at 6:30am the light is coming from a completely different angle. More than two hours later it looked exactly the same. Probably a recorded sequence.

Thanks for that - I was not sure as they have carefully placed a sky news logo over the clock face and I only saw it once this morning.
SK
Skygeek

Thanks for that - I was not sure as they have carefully placed a sky news logo over the clock face and I only saw it once this morning.

That's the very reason the logo is where it is. I know folks around here have an eye for detail, but had it not been done, the e-mails from pedants saying: ""EURGH... YOUR TIME'S WRONG!" would have made the TVF tribe look positively placid!
London Lite, Rkolsen and dosxuk gave kudos
RH
richard h
I noticed yesterday that they are not covering the clock face with the logo anymore. it still looks a mess with the 4 logos in the background but the glass panels look better than they did on day 1

Newer posts