TV Home Forum

Local TV

Are you local? (July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Some That's TV News.

That's Berkshire will launch as That's Thames Valley.

They've acquired the Scarborough licence from Estuary TV and will launch as That's Scarborough.
MA
Markymark
Some That's TV News.

As, it would seem will That's Hampshire (Basingstoke)

http://www.thats.tv/index.php?route=information/stations

Probably because Newbury has been added to the original Reading licence, and Andover and Winchester to the Basingstoke one

Perhaps the Reading and Basingstoke stations will simulcast, with just the local ads differing ?

The 'That's' Website is utterly useless for any meaningful info.
LL
Some That's TV News.

As, it would seem will That's Hampshire (Basingstoke)

http://www.thats.tv/index.php?route=information/stations

Probably because Newbury has been added to the original Reading licence, and Andover and Winchester to the Basingstoke one

Perhaps the Reading and Basingstoke stations will simulcast, with just the local ads differing ?

The 'That's' Website is utterly useless for any meaningful info.

I wouldn't be surprised if they've been given permission to merge the two licences as KMTV have with Tonbridge and Maidstone to make them viable.

Seems York and Scarborough will be separate services, although I can see the Cardiff/Bristol situation with Made where they share the same management.
LL
With Made in Teesside which launched last week, I'm surprised to see they're using Daily Motion on their website.
LL
The two That's TV Thames Valley channels will launch in May. Reading on May 3, Basingstoke on May 23.
MA
Markymark
The two That's TV Thames Valley channels will launch in May. Reading on May 3, Basingstoke on May 23.

Many thanks ! Presumably this is semi public domain info, because I've seen nothing published locally regarding this news ?
MI
Mike516

Many thanks ! Presumably this is semi public domain info, because I've seen nothing published locally regarding this news ?

It's from Ofcom's monthly licensing update.

I wouldn't say advance publicity is something that's typical of That's TV. Many of their stations have sneaked on air rather than launched in a blaze of publicity.
Markymark and London Lite gave kudos
LL
The fact that the Thames Valley brand is being used across both channels may see a share of resources.

Made in Teesside is sharing journalists with Tyne & Wear currently and according to the website, the T&W Lowdown presenters are also on the Teesside edition.
MA
Markymark
a516 posted:
Many of their stations have sneaked on air rather than launched in a blaze of publicity.

What strange times we live in !

12 days later

TW
tweedledum
http://www.mediargh.com/tv-reporter-video-journalist-vacancy-that-s-carlisle-carlisle

I actually presumed That's Carlisle wouldn't go ahead, but now advertising for jobs.
LL
Have they got enough of those podium sofas and Fruit Shoots backdrops to go round all of their cheap as chips channels?
MO
Mouseboy33
London Lite....the shade!!!! LOL : Very Happy
Ha its funny because its true.

Newer posts