TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2015 with 90s idents

NEW: Dragons Den ident with a nod to the past (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Rex
Ste71 posted:
Anyone notice that the 'Garden' ident was used before Gardeners World just now? It was on BBC TWO Wales, not sure about anywhere else

Network and Scotland as well.

With Garden added alongside the likes of Dog, Car, Silk, Optics, etc, this brings the total number of 90s idents restored to 12.

Screengrab from iPlayer:
Last edited by Rex on 31 March 2017 9:35pm
DP
D.Page
Nice to see Garden used just now into Gardeners' World on BBC 2 England. Albeit with the hideous teal box.

Ste71 posted:
Anyone notice that the 'Garden' ident was used before Gardeners World just now? It was on BBC TWO Wales, not sure about anywhere else

BBC2 Garden (ver.1) Ident reinstated on Network.

Video here:

It looks, to me, like those rumours regarding BBC2 only being prepared to use '90s idents that meet high enough quality standards for broadcasting on BBC2 HD, if true, have made an exception here. The visual quality (like the copy in use via BBC2 NI) is not to the same standard as the others. That's the impression I get, at least. Wouldn't be surprised if the copy is from a BetaSP tape(?). However, like Optics before it, nice to see a HD logo being used, even though the hideous teal box has, unsurprising, been used. It does 'trespass' onto the central part quite a bit, but unavoidable, of course, if the placement is to be the same as the others.
Last edited by D.Page on 31 March 2017 9:38pm
CA
Caly123
Nice to see Garden used just now into Gardeners' World on BBC 2 England. Albeit with the hideous teal box.

Ste71 posted:

Video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrA9nbmbkYc

It looks, to me, like those rumours regarding BBC2 only being prepared to use '90s idents that meet high enough quality standards for broadcasting on BBC2 HD, if true, have made an exception here. The visual quality (like the copy in use via BBC2 NI) is not to the same standard as the others. That's the impression I get, at least. Wouldn't be surprised if the copy is from a BetaSP tape(?). However, like Optics before it, nice to see a HD logo being used, even though the hideous teal box has, unsurprising, been used. It does 'trespass' onto the central part quite a bit, but unavoidable, of course, if the placement is to be the same as the others.

Do NI still air version 2 of the ident since the 50th anniversary?
CA
Cavan

No.
DP
D.Page

Ste71 posted:

Video here:

The short answer is no. However, I did make a version 2 copy a while back.
Video here:

Last edited by D.Page on 31 March 2017 10:18pm
:-(
A former member
IF Scotland used this well, Is it possible there used it yesterday for the Beechgrove garden?
TC
TonyCurrie
Yes, we did.
A former member
Yes, we did.

Thank you very much, so I take it Glasgow were the first to use it outside NI?

I dare say it will pop up over Sunday morning gardening show
TC
TonyCurrie
That's what's planned, yes.
A former member
Cheers, now if I could just find optic that would be delightful. I keep on missing it, Cool
RE
Rex
Cheers, now if I could just find optic that would be delightful. I keep on missing it, Cool

Last time I've seen it from observation was when it was used for Stargazing Live Australia.
CY
cylon6

Video here:

I watched this on BBC2 HD and it looked great. It's good to see Garden back with the original music. As nature intended! Very Happy

Newer posts