TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Rex
Keep an eye on Points of View's Twitter account - they're asking for a few people's responses on the current ident set.

Is this absolutely true? I haven't seen a tweet for it.

I checked Tweets and Replies and they've asked a few people on the subject matter.
:-(
A former member
I hope you told them "we" the public do not like them.
RE
Rex
I hope you told them "we" the public do not like them.

They actually did respond to me at least - asking for me to explain my views on the idents (which of course are stridently negative).
Last edited by Rex on 29 March 2017 5:40pm
BE
Bert75
I'm one of thous people who will possibly go on point of view and told him on phone that I don't like the current ident i also ask is it just for this year answer he doesn't no when I said I thought I read something that it was he was surprised
SD
ShinyDave
You know you're pessimistic about the state of BBC One idents when you're half-expecting Mountain Rescue to be used into the news on the day the wreckage of a helicopter was found in Snowdonia.

(Given the lack of outrage on here, I'm presuming this didn't happen for the Six. Though I didn't watch it as I was caught up in other things.)
NE
Neil__
You know you're pessimistic about the state of BBC One idents when you're half-expecting Mountain Rescue to be used into the news on the day the wreckage of a helicopter was found in Snowdonia.

(Given the lack of outrage on here, I'm presuming this didn't happen for the Six. Though I didn't watch it as I was caught up in other things.)

I happened to see the ident into the Ten and it was one of the Birdwatchers ones.
JE
Jenny Founding member

Surely that would be the most appropriate one.
CY
cylon6
On BBC iPlayer on Sky in the preview section they have put up trailers and idents. I've noticed that they have some new Oneness idents there. They're called Bhangra and Cavers. These Oneness idents are basically Rhythm & Movement without the post production and polish aren't they?
DB
dbl
These Oneness idents are basically Rhythm & Movement without the post production and polish aren't they?

and choreography
RE
Rex
On BBC iPlayer on Sky in the preview section they have put up trailers and idents. I've noticed that they have some new Oneness idents there. They're called Bhangra and Cavers. These Oneness idents are basically Rhythm & Movement without the post production and polish aren't they?

Whatever it is, it'll be obvious that we'll be seeing the same basic format that came with this set three months ago. Skaters and Birdwatchers proved that there wasn't going to be scope for vast improvement (though they are marginally better). It's really going to be hard to shake off the bad image left behind by the first two idents that aired.
JO
Josh
On BBC iPlayer on Sky in the preview section they have put up trailers and idents. I've noticed that they have some new Oneness idents there. They're called Bhangra and Cavers. <snip>

Can you record these by any means? Even if it is with your phone, it will do. As a Freeview viewer, I'd love to see this.
:-(
A former member
April Fools or genuine...?

Newer posts