TV Home Forum

Broadcasting House, Salford Quays & TVC

(September 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RI
Richard

In the good old days didn't they have to finish studio records by 2200 because the unions would have turn off the power or need much more money if they ran past that?

More or less, there's video of Doctor Who recordings on one of the DVDs where the union official would stop recording at 10.
VM
VMPhil
Didn't the last scene of Blackadder come about because of that? They didn't have time to reshoot so at first it looked awful before the slow motion effect and soundtrack were added.
NW
nwtv2003
In the good old days didn't they have to finish studio records by 2200 because the unions would have turn off the power or need much more money if they ran past that?

According to Michael Grade...

30 days later

WH
Whataday Founding member
Update on construction of new BBC Wales HQ:

CY
cyberdude
Woah! They've gotten a lot done on that since I was last there.
BL
bluecortina

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxziGvLJheE

Very selective memories there from Dyke and Tesler, perhaps particularly ironic given that both of them participated in Christopher Bland's 'scheme of arrangement' in the run up to the 1992 auction round that made both of them rich beyond their wildest dreams.

As 'The Times' put it at the time .. the rewards for the senior management were out of all proportion to the effort put in and the risks taken.
WO
Worzel

Very selective memories there from Dyke and Tesler, perhaps particularly ironic given that both of them participated in Christopher Bland's 'scheme of arrangement' in the run up to the 1992 auction round that made both of them rich beyond their wildest dreams.

As 'The Times' put it at the time .. the rewards for the senior management were out of all proportion to the effort put in and the risks taken.

Greg Dyke, still the best and most respected BBC DG in recent times.

53 days later

TR
TROGGLES
Anyone seen a tower?

BA
Bail Moderator
Anyone seen a tower?

That particular bit I won't miss that much (unless you worked in Childrens) but its the mess to the right of that photo that saddens me... Stage 5 is growing a lot taller than I remember it too!
JO
John

Greg Dyke, still the best and most respected BBC DG in recent times.

Do as I say, not as I do....
TR
TROGGLES
Bail posted:
Anyone seen a tower?

That particular bit I won't miss that much (unless you worked in Childrens) but its the mess to the right of that photo that saddens me... Stage 5 is growing a lot taller than I remember it too!

Stage 5 will be two stories higher - the Soho club will be up there.

8 days later

TR
TROGGLES
Here once stood a TV Centre...

Newer posts