The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Barney
So tonight on calendar it's Sally Simspon & Michael Billington behind the desk, interesting combination, they're quite good, so this explains why they were relegated from GMB bulletins yesterday. Why do Duncan & Christine never do a full week.
BR
Brekkie
I don't think presenting the main 6pm show instead of the GMB updates is a relegation in any shape or form. Only Piers Morgan would think presenting GMB is the top job.
WL
W1LL
Odd choice of weather presenter tonight; Rebbeca Wood of Midlands Today presenting the weather tonight on all three Look Norths but Jen Bartram, of Look North, presenting the Midlands Today weather.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Jen Bartram is London based these days so covers across the country.
TO
Towielad
So tonight on calendar it's Sally Simspon & Michael Billington behind the desk, interesting combination, they're quite good, so this explains why they were relegated from GMB bulletins yesterday. Why do Duncan & Christine never do a full week.

Find both these really good presenters on their own but they do make a good team together
ST
South Today
Ian White back on duty with Sunday bulletins today. Oh it's just like the old days!
BA
Barney
Ian White back on duty with Sunday bulletins today. Oh it's just like the old days!

It was James Webster again on calendar.

15 days later

RA
radiolistener
Ian White back on the sofa for the 6.30 tonight.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I wonder if Ian was originally planned to present today or if he's a late substitute given that he made the report that led the programme on police raids this morning? It's rare these days for the presenter to have been reporting the same day.
BA
Barney
I wonder if Ian was originally planned to present today or if he's a late substitute given that he made the report that led the programme on police raids this morning? It's rare these days for the presenter to have been reporting the same day.

Ian was on last night too, he might be on all week.

Meanwhile on calendar GMB this morning it was James Webster again, so presumably he is now a regular cover presenter for the bulletin.
RA
radiolistener

Ian was on last night too, he might be on all week.

Meanwhile on calendar GMB this morning it was James Webster again, so presumably he is now a regular cover presenter for the bulletin.

Harry back on the 6.30 tonight.
ST
South Today
Peter Levy live in Boston tonight outside the White Hart Hotel with a few unsavoury locals shouting in the background and visible during the closing sign off.

Newer posts