The Newsroom

The new NEW Central West and BBC Midlands thread

(January 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DS
DarthSidious
Thank goodness Bob is back.

Why couldn't they have Steve Clamp as Bob's stand in?
ST
South Today
Hannah from Channel TV returns to Jersey in 2 weeks. Interesting decision that Matty Teale is taking over GMB bulletins for 2 days so will be full time at Central. Balvinder returning from maternity leave for duty Wednesday to Friday with GMB bulletins.
BA
Barney
Hannah from Channel TV returns to Jersey in 2 weeks. Interesting decision that Matty Teale is taking over GMB bulletins for 2 days so will be full time at Central. Balvinder returning from maternity leave for duty Wednesday to Friday with GMB bulletins.

Steve Klamp is a lot better than Matt, so hopefully we will now see Steve more on the main programme rather than Matt.
RD
RDJ
I like Matt. I see him as Bob's successor when he eventually retires (If Wesley Smith doesn't get chosen before him!).

Steve seems quite suited as the main Sports presenter and occasional main host.

Meanwhile Bob's only been back for one day and he's back off again now! Maybe I'm guessing Bob will be back properly once Matt starts his GMB stint.
ST
South Today
Ahhh Wesley back as a main anchor I like it but sadly can't ever see it happening.
BA
Barney
Ahhh Wesley back as a main anchor I like it but sadly can't ever see it happening.

He hosted itv news on channel before, as well as central GMB bulletins before Christmas
RD
RDJ
Bob's done a full innings this evening hosting at 6pm single headed and at 11pm. Glad to have him back.
NB
NicB1971
An ATV Today question from the dim and distant past... does anyone know whether Derek Hobson went to Australia, returned to ATV Today and was subsequently sacked? Any truth in this? Not sure if my source has been at Meg Mortimer's sherry Confused
ST
South Today
Matt presenting his first GMB bulletins this morning. Strange move to have one of the main anchor on this shift permanently.
FA
fanoftv
Matt presenting his first GMB bulletins this morning. Strange move to have one of the main anchor on this shift permanently.

I wonder if this was a way of keeping him at central with Bob back for half of the week utilising him in the mornings for part of the week and the lunchtime and evenings the rest.
BA
Barney

On calendar we get the same thing with Gaynor who hosts more than Christine as well as hosting the majority of the GMB Bulletins

11 days later

DS
DarthSidious
It's always a pleasure when we get Bob Warman on his usual days off.

Newer posts