TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh
Forest used on Network.
RE
Rex
Forest being aired on BBC ONE. When your main story is a terror attack on the capital, it's a wise decision to use the most sombre ident of the set.
DP
D.Page
Yes, Network and Scotland aired Forest . I'm surprised NI misjudged the gravity of today's news and chose Sea Swimmers (along with Wales), especially as they used it at 6pm.
DP
D.Page
BBC1 Mr's Brown's Boys Sting. Video here:

BR
Brekkie
They get worse.
DP
D.Page
They get worse.

I like it, myself.
CA
Cavan
Awful drop shadow.
DP
D.Page
Cavan posted:
Awful drop shadow.

I like the concept but, technically, it's not great. It's not in HD res, is it. Look at the BBC logo. Fairly indistinct.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Still better than any of the idents.
DP
D.Page
BBC1 Mrs Brown's Boys #2 Sting. Video here:

This one's not so good.
CY
cylon6
Forest was used by BBC One NI for the 6pm news.

Forest should ALWAYS be the news ident. Smiling swimmers and birdwatchers just aren't suitable to lead into news bulletins. How somebody couldn't make that call from day 1 is beyond me!
CY
cylon6
Yes, Network and Scotland aired Forest . I'm surprised NI misjudged the gravity of today's news and chose Sea Swimmers (along with Wales), especially as they used it at 6pm.

Network had birdwatchers leading into the Six on the day of tne terrorist attack and I don't know how that got through!

Newer posts