Media Websites

Digital Spy

to be downsized ... (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
Frustrating that there's no drop-down forums list, so you have to go back to the front page every time.
DJ
DJGM
Good god, the last look was bad enough, now they've changed it to something worse. MUCH worse. Gaps between the forum names and topics are too wide. The choice of main font is awful, looks more like a local tabloid headline type font than internet forum. And what is it with the massive text for the forum names and topics. Do they think we've all got bad eyesight?

Only one word best describes the new look Digital Spy forums. Fugly.
JacobSutton and London Lite gave kudos
LL
Larry the Loafer
Unrelated to the forums, but just highlighting that their ability to write articles doesn't seem to be improving. They asked Zoe Ball about the prospect of a Live & Kicking reunion, and she apparently referenced the revival of "TGI Friday". Not just that, but they link it to what you assume is a story about TFI Friday. No... it's a non-story about a customer at a TGI Fridays.
JO
Joe
Not just that, but they link it to what you assume is a story about TFI Friday. No... it's a non-story about a customer at a TGI Fridays.

Well, that will be an automatically-created link.

9 days later

JA
james-2001
In news that will suprise nobody, they've got rid of the dislike function, suppodely "temporarialy" due to an undisclosed "bug"

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/2208724/disagree-reaction-temporarily-disabled

Who's to bet it never comes back?
VM
VMPhil
Not a big fan of dislike buttons on forums or other platforms. It's open to abuse and I'd prefer someone explain why they disagree.
JA
james-2001
DS today replaced the thumbs down with a sad face... then removed it again after a couple of hours. What a farce.

10 days later

JA
james-2001
Typical Digitalspy, full of pages of Muslim bashing yet again after today's events- even though there's no indication as yet that they had anything to do with Islam (and trying to shout down people who try and point this out). It's like a mini-stormfront at times these days.
JA
JAS84
Shouldn't the moderators stamp that out?
JA
james-2001
Well they haven't been stamping it out over the past 10 years or so it's been going on, why start now?
JA
james-2001
I've had some unpleasant personal attacks launched on me today for merely trying to speak out against the bigsotry- the forums really are populated by some vile unsavoury characters these days. And the mods do nothing.

LittleMissBee and KaydeeCaine are two names I'm going to call out in particular right now from the discussion on yesterday's events as being particularly vile.
Last edited by james-2001 on 23 March 2017 1:39pm
RE
Rex
I've had some unpleasant personal attacks launched on me today for merely trying to speak out against the bigsotry- the forums really are populated by some vile unsavoury characters these days. And the mods do nothing.

LittleMissBee and KaydeeCaine are two names I'm going to call out in particular right now from the discussion on yesterday's events as being particularly vile.

Went through to said thread...I'm speechless.

Newer posts