TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
Two hours is usually plenty for a WTA match, not sure what the issue is - the ATP was always scheduled for 13:00PDT/ 20:00 GMT.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Not according to

last night.
DV
dvboy
Ok then... Sky's coverage was always due to start at 20:00. I can't imagine they'd have had an hour build-up.
DV
dvboy
WTA moves to Miami

BR
Brekkie
Does the ATP and WTA have their own host broadcasting facilities that move around with the tour or is it down to each individual tournament. I assume at events like Indian Wells and Miami facilities are shared.
GE
thegeek Founding member
dvboy posted:
WTA moves to Miami

That's one of Perform's MCRs - possibly somewhere glamorous like Feltham. They handle the distribution of the feeds and add the world feed commentary.

There are some other interesting pics on that feed, including this one of a touchscreen vision mixer, which isn't something I've encountered before:

DV
DVB Cornwall
Eurosport are to provide full Nations coverage, rather than topping and tailing a common feed for their Tour de France and Giro d'Italia cycling coverage this year. Although still to be confirmed due to logistics issues the Vuelta in Spain is expected to be similarly treated at the end of the season. This is a major committment from Discovery to provide multiple whole race feeds over many days.

(Various sources)
RD
rdd Founding member
3e in Ireland taking ITV's match coverage of Germany v England, but with their own studio segments. Since TV3 have not had need of sports graphics since losing the GAA rights three years ago, they've unveiled basic titles and lower thirds (but used ITV's team sheet graphics).

Also they've announced they've picked up the rights to all of England's remaining European Qualifiers.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Meanwhile An IGUANA has stopped play temporarily at the Miami Tennis

DV
dvboy
A bit of light relief, an iguana invades the court at the Miami Open

MY
MY83
Comcast name to disappear from RSNs in NoCal (and elsewhere) in favour of NBC Sports

http://www.csnbayarea.com/press/nbc-sports-regional-networks-rename-california-based-properties-feature-nbc-sports-brand
RD
rdd Founding member
I found that branding odd. I know the NBC peacock is now Comcast's own logo, but it still seemed odd to use the NBC peacock without the name.

Newer posts