TV Home Forum

Channel 5 general discussion

(revised repeat) (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JK08
Channel 5 has confirmed that Paul O'Grady has got Blind Date.

Certainly makes a change from the usual roster of presenters that they wheel out for a revival.

I understand the logic but I was hoping that they might try and modernise the show catering for a younger audience. However targeting those who watched the original will probably see a larger audience.
LL
Larry the Loafer
JK08 posted:
Channel 5 has confirmed that Paul O'Grady has got Blind Date.

Certainly makes a change from the usual roster of presenters that they wheel out for a revival.

I understand the logic but I was hoping that they might try and modernise the show catering for a younger audience. However targeting those who watched the original will probably see a larger audience.

I think it's mirroring the setup of the original, with the host that has the authority to keep control of everything but provides a comforting shoulder for the contestants. I was worried if somebody like Vicky hosted it, it'd turn into some annoying MTV-style thing.
DC
DCI02
As someone in the target audience of these dating shows, I would much rather see Paul O'Grady host Blind Date than Vicky Pattison. I think Pattison was alright on Extra Camp, but I think O'Grady would be perfect for this type of show.
SO
SOL
I think it's a very good choice.

Paul and Cilla were like brother and sister, so he'll put his heart into it as he'd want the show to be a success in memory of her.
BR
Brekkie
A surprising but good move, though quite surprised Paul would step into her shoes really - but guess he'd rather that than someone like Vicky Pattison do it.
CA
Cando
Good ne
JK08 posted:

The most watched shows with 16_34s last year was GBBO and BGT. Neither pander to 16_34s.
GE
thegeek Founding member
My5 is to get its first commission, a panel show called Comedy Bigmouths hosted by Ian Stone. Seems like it'll be recorded on Monday evenings for a Friday TX - starting on the 31st at 10pm.
HC
Hatton Cross
At the BT Sport studios as well.

Is this the first non-sport orientated programme with an audience to use the facilities?
GE
thegeek Founding member
Nope, that was the first of the two ITV Brexit debates last summer.

It is, however, using a studio which has already appeared on Channel 5, and which has already hosted an Ian Stone comedy panel show.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Does Football on 5 come from BT's studios?
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Does Football on 5 come from BT's studios?

No, it comes from Sky in Osterley.
GO
gottago
My5 is to get its first commission, a panel show called Comedy Bigmouths hosted by Ian Stone. Seems like it'll be recorded on Monday evenings for a Friday TX - starting on the 31st at 10pm.

I hope that's a working title. This show's seriously going to struggle to manage even 100k on this channel, especially against The Last Leg. A bit of an odd commission and that line about being just as reactive as My5 is laughable.

Newer posts