The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

(March 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MI
m_in_m
AlexS posted:
I assume that Gavin will count as one of the three redundancies from news channel staff that management wanted as part of the cost cutting measures.

Well, yes.
I'm not sure where they think theres room for another 2 (unless some of the relief presenters are still news channel staff), considering the news channel is now down to 8 (yes eight including Victoria Derbyshire) presenters with their own shifts (Joanna G, Annita M, Victoria D, Martine C, Jane H, Maxine M, Simon M, and Clive M).

To make these savings there needs to be posts closed. Clearly we expect one to be the final double headed news channel shift bur could one of the weekend posts be saved by merging news channel and world?

Am I correct in thinking many World weekend summaries are very short? If so could we see bulletins open with the existing World summary and the rest of the half hour being more new channel focused?
DA
DAN09690
AlexS posted:
Jane Hill and Annita McVeigh presenting together this afternoon, which I think is the first time 2 females have presented together (except for unscheduled breaking news simulcasts) since the move to NBH.

It is atleast the second time Sophie Long & Carrie Gracie did one morning together soon after the move to broadcasting house *
WO
Worzel
And for some double gender equality, Chris Eakin presented his final shift alongside Simon McCoy last year...

AS
AlexS
And for some double gender equality, Chris Eakin presented his final shift alongside Simon McCoy last year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoYSgE7qJ9s

Not quite true.
Simon came on 10 minutes early in order to facilitate the obligatory what are you doing next type chat.
LX
lxflyer
The proposals were (as I recall) for a reduction of three news channel presenters, while world news would lose two news presenters and one business presenter.

To answer an earlier question, at weekends BBC World News has a mix of full 26 minute bulletins, 10 minute bulletins and 5 minute bulletins.

We will have to wait and see what happens.
NE
News96
And bearing in my the article we have all been referring to comes from October last year so some things might well have been changed since then (not the 2-5 going single headed-i'm guessing that is happening.)
GI
ginnyfan
Samantha Simmonds presenting on BBC World right now!
MI
Mike516
Tim Willcox presenting World News America from Washington.
RN
Rolling News
a516 posted:

For some reason I thought he'd left the BBC.
FL
flaziola
a516 posted:

You might be confusing him for Chris Eakin
RN
Rolling News
a516 posted:

You might be confusing him for Chris Eakin

No I knew Chris Eakin had left. For some reason I thought Tim had too since he no longer appears on the News Channel (what a change to just a few years ago, eh) and didn't realise he was still around.
L8
L89
Sally Bundock presenting the news and World Business Report this hour. Shot was messed up just before WBR.

Last edited by L89 on 23 March 2017 5:54am

Newer posts