The Newsroom

BBC News Channel Presentation - 21/03/16 onwards

Split from BBC News Channel General Discussion (March 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
davidhorman
The guest that Simon McCoy just interviewed about Mount Etna has the most fantastic accent.
AS
AlexS
Carole Walker has clearly never heard of Rizzle Kicks...
approximately 20 seconds into this http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08l70ns/bbc-news-school-report-2017
Last edited by AlexS on 18 March 2017 12:36am
AN
Andrew Founding member
The last 3 posts are assuming all the forum is tuned in 24/7 to the news channel. I can assure you they aren't and no more than a couple will be, so you could elaborate on what actually happened.
AS
AlexS
BBC News Channel currently showing Witness rather than the newsbeat documentary that is scheduled according to the EPG.
DV
dvboy
AlexS posted:
BBC News Channel currently showing Witness rather than the newsbeat documentary that is scheduled according to the EPG.

This sort of thing happens too often at the weekend.
BA
bilky asko
The last 3 posts are assuming all the forum is tuned in 24/7 to the news channel. I can assure you they aren't and no more than a couple will be, so you could elaborate on what actually happened.

Funnily enough, I can elaborate somewhat with the first one; he was on location for the Dutch elections, ahead of a special Outside Source. Often, he has a small panel of guests with him who are in the area, as with one previous occasion on a US college campus where he joined some students at a picnic table.

I.e. it's quite odd for usual BBC News output, but not so much for Outside Source.
MA
Markymark

Well, Billy A has kindly answered. iplayer is your friend for such occasions.
DV
dvboy

iPlayer live rewind only goes back so far, and normal news bulletins aren't available.
Last edited by dvboy on 21 March 2017 1:29pm
MA
Markymark
dvboy posted:

iPlayer live rewind only goes back so far, and normal need bulletins aren't available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05qmvtw/broadcasts/2017/03
DV
dvboy
dvboy posted:

iPlayer live rewind only goes back so far, and normal need bulletins aren't available.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b05qmvtw/broadcasts/2017/03

That's Outside Source, not a generic BBC News programme, I'm referring mainly to David's post.
RN
Rolling News
I know this isn't the right place to ask but has the 8pm 90 second update on BBC One been axed?
SW
Steve Williams
I know this isn't the right place to ask but has the 8pm 90 second update on BBC One been axed?

Well, I don't want to sound like a smartarse here, but it was on the exact time you posted this.

Newer posts