TV Home Forum

ITV win horse racing rights from 2017

Ed Chamberlin confirmed as host (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Does anyone have the ratings for Saturday? where the better than ITV4? where the better then what is broadcast on the a normal Saturday?

8 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Watching the ITV4 Cheltenham The Opening Show, placing the studio immediately in the horse transport unloading area doesn't seem to be the best thought out idea. One enormous truck has just plunged the studio into near darkness., even prevoking on air comment.
A former member
How much will ITV be making for all the betting companies trying to get adverts slots?
DV
DVB Cornwall
ITV Racing are to offer 4K UHD highlights at 7pm each evening via YouTube for the Cheltenham Festival. The length and nature of these we'll need to wait for.
HC
Hatton Cross
I take it that the 'studio' that The Opening Show uses, is the same former OB unit from NEP Visions. that IMG used as the main anchor studio for the Channel 4 coverage?
DV
DVB Cornwall
Two matters,

It's amazing that Brough Scott is being used by ITV some Forty Six years after his first appearance for ITV racing in 1971. Still a collossus too with his insight and knowledge.

I suspect that use of live starter audio will be curtailed, some choice vocabulary used a few mins ago at a recalcitrant jockey, which'll almost certainly get Ofcom's lines buzzing.
Last edited by DVB Cornwall on 15 March 2017 3:47pm
DV
DVB Cornwall
Cheltenham ITV HD .....

Can someone watch an actual race this afternoon, on HD, and comment as to whether there's a saturation issue with the Course broad shot cameras? I think the colour is far more enhanced on these shots than the rest of the coverage. Other opinions welcomed.
TL
toby lerone 2016
ITV Cheltenham Festival Ratings

Tuesday 14th March: 795k
Wednesday 15th March: 734k

Tuesdays coverage peaked at just short of a million during the final race
A former member
How does that compare to a normal Afternoon? does it matter if ITV is able to get more money from Betting company trying to get slots for their adverts?
BR
Brekkie
Do ITV do any of the picture in picture advertising that C4 used to do?
TL
toby lerone 2016
ITV Cheltenham Festival Ratings 2017

14th March 2017 - 795k
15th March 2017 - 734k
16th March 2017 - 799k
17th March 2017 - 1.15m
Gold Cup Race itself got 1.90m

I'd imagine ITV will be very happy with that particularly Friday and if they add viewing figures for other meetings they should get around 9-10 million for the Grand National. The Horse Racing authorities will also be very happy as viewing figures on all 4 days are up on Channel 4 last few years.

9 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Horse Racing but not ITV but worthwhile placing here ....

Sky takes majority control of 'At the Races'

see here ……..

SPORT-NEWS on SPORTBUSINESS.COM
28-Mar-2017 @ 13:31

Newer posts