The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FG
FraserGJ
Niall proving that you can still have gravitas and fun on Sky News. There was also a bit of fun on Sunrise this morning where Stephen, Isabel and Nazaneen boogied to We are Family by Sister Sledge after one of the sisters passed away.

It's an honour to have someone with his comic timing perform a gag I've written.

We did another one for the 11:30 as well:

"The bosses have told me I'm not allowed to do any more Adele puns... Well, never mind... they'll find someone like me... after the break."

Love it.

When you're used to news channels just churning out a steady, seemingly endless stream of depressing stories, these moments really stand out for me.
NT
NewbieTvFan
Niall is brilliant!! Wish he was on breakfast. Can't watch JS and SJM so dull
LL
London Lite Founding member
Can't watch JS and SJM so dull

The best thing since SJM and JS replaced Eamonn was The Two Mikes from talkSPORT radio doing the usually inane and pointless Sunrise Press Preview on Monday morning. Says it all when it takes two middle-aged men to get the best out of the two presenters.

It also showed up that Sunrise really needs to change the guest reviewers. There's only so much I can tolerate Kevin Adams, Michelle Dewberry et al in the morning.
CA
cat
I cannot understand why Sky keep their current crop of paper reviewers.

There's the occasional intelligent ones (Sebastian Payne from the FT a good new-ish one), don't mind Tania Bryer... but some of them are disgracefully stupid and badly informed considering the role they are being asked to do. Kevin Adams, that football agent one, the radio presenter lady who I can't even watch she's so dim.

They would have better guests if they just pulled in random employees from Sky Central.
MD
mdtauk
I think its more about being entertaining to the audience, than about the actual analysis and review of the newspaper stories
LL
London Lite Founding member
The evening reviews are slightly better thanks to messers Maguire and Pierce who have their regular Monday slot and Alex Deane is probably one of the few right-wingers who can express his views eloquently, but there are again some of the others who seem to crop up every week spouting nonsense. At least Kevin Adams doesn't turn up on those!
IrelandIsle and Ratflump gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
Niall proving that you can still have gravitas and fun on Sky News. There was also a bit of fun on Sunrise this morning where Stephen, Isabel and Nazaneen boogied to We are Family by Sister Sledge after one of the sisters passed away.

It's an honour to have someone with his comic timing perform a gag I've written.

"The bosses have told me I'm not allowed to do any more Adele puns... Well, never mind... they'll find someone like me... after the break."

You wrote that????? Gerraway!

Rumour Has It you've been signed up by the BBC Comedy Unit.
Last edited by JamesWorldNews on 16 March 2017 11:21am
SK
Skygeek

Eh, the money wasn't good enough and they wanted me to share a desk with Mrs. Brown! Laughing
WO
Worzel

Eh, the money wasn't good enough and they wanted me to share a desk with Mrs. Brown! Laughing

So you're not going to front The Nightly Show on ITV then? Wink
JK
JK08
Sky Dutch election graphics
SK
Skygeek

So you're not going to front The Nightly Show on ITV then? Wink

I wish to remain employable.
JW
JamesWorldNews

Whoosh! You completely missed my Adele joke, which took ages to think of.......I'm in the huff.
London Lite and Rkolsen gave kudos

Newer posts