TV Home Forum

ITV abandons the South Bank

(February 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
There are plenty of videos on Youtube showing behind the scenes workings at television centre, from studios to offices. Are there any similar videos for The London Studios?

There's the 24 hour broadcast Phillip Schofield did last December, which had plenty of behind the scenes bits

Its more than, it was 2014: http://tvlive.org.uk/tv-presentation/itv/itv/itv-text-santa-24-hours-live/

11 days later

JK
JKDerry
BBC Studioworks confirmed they have extended their partnership deal with Elstree Studios and will have an enlarged presence at Elstree to cater for the London studio market. This means the BBC will operate Studios 1, 2 and 3 at the newly refurbished Television Centre facilities from September 2017, whilst having Studio D at BBC Elstree and operating the George Lucas Stage and Stages 8 and 9 at Elstree, which they have been doing since 2013.

Good news for productions after the London Studios announced their idiotic closure of the three best television studios in London from the Spring of 2018. At least there will be TV Centre in West London supplemented by Elstree.
TR
TROGGLES
Rather ironic that a BBC programme such as Graham Norton is now owned by ITV but may well be made by BBC staff in BBC studios in a building which the BBC used to own but now rent. Life is much simpler these days.
:-(
A former member
Maybe ITV know what was coming.
IS
Inspector Sands
Meanwhile in Granadaland....
https://www.prolificnorth.co.uk/2017/03/granadas-historic-studios-will-produce-entertainment-shows-again/
DJ
DJGM

That is great news! While we knew the old Corrie set was doomed, I always thought it would've been a waste to rid of the main studios as well, So it's great to have official confirmation they're planning to re-open them as fully operational TV studios.
BR
Brekkie
I thought The Crystal Maze was using part of the studios, but I'm guessing not any studios itself.
KE
kernow
I thought The Crystal Maze was using part of the studios, but I'm guessing not any studios itself.

The Crystal Maze is using Studio 2.
BA
Bail Moderator
The Crystal Maze is coming from the Bottle Yard in Bristol.

http://www.thebottleyard.com/brand-new-series-crystal-maze-will-made-bottle-yard-studios/
JO
Jon
The Manchester edition of the live experience is opening up at the Old Granada studios.
HA
harshy Founding member
With the recent closure of Fountain, Teddington, and TVC (although 3 studios will reopen) and now this, there is little left of what we had 10 years ago.

Other studios which have closed in the last few years are Capital studios in Wandsworth and MTV studios in Camden. Riverside Studios is also currently closed for redevelopment.

You mean the Tv-am eggs are gone for good? Don't all the music channels come from there?
DB
dbl

You mean the Tv-am eggs are gone for good? Don't all the music channels come from there?

Recently went there on business, it's pure modern Viacom-land. There isn't a hint to suggest what was there. (TV-am)

Newer posts