Media Websites

YouTube Gold

ClassicTV gold on youtube (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Yes, though that, and NvS, came in the days when they were owned by the same company - the same is true of Carlton and Central who produced a couple of series shown in both regions, such as a TV adaptation of Just a Minute.

No I don't think so - Fit to Win was from 1993 according to anything I've seen relating to it online.
JA
james-2001
This is AMAZING news for Christopher Williams!

He'll be grabbing that caption and adding 15 minutes of music and droning speech over it as we speak.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Half an episode of Kids Say The Funniest Things, featuring a fabulous endorsement for a fast food restaurant:

This is probably series 1, since only three series were made and the third was never aired.
:-(
A former member
Who remembers Central TV Lets get together? here is very good version of the 1min version created:

HC
Hatton Cross
I hated that campaign.

It was like someone from Central went over to the US, saw one of the major networks similar 'adverts for itself' came back, burst through the door of the marketing department and ordered "do one of those for us - just not so bombastic and smug"
IS
Isonstine Founding member
Yes, it does have that cheap feeling about it. A rare miss for Central's presentation at the time.

Best ITV regional song and promo definitely goes to TVS. Superb JAM jingle and a glossy pictures. Who wouldn't want to make it in the South after this?

LL
Larry the Loafer
Slight novelty - an episode of You've Been Framed under the relatively short tenure of Jonathan "I don't have a catchphrase" Wilkes, also known as that bloke Robbie Williams knows. This was only a few months before Harry Hill took over and the studio was no more.

VM
VMPhil
Oh god. Am I going mad or was there a brief period where he was still presenter, but instead of presenting from a studio it looked like it was coming from an office or someone's house. Perhaps it was just for a best of episode.

That Felix sponorship sting - I seem to recall that it was designed for the short-lived previous logo and was merely updated to include the new one inside the outline of the old one:

http://hub.tv-ark.org.uk/images/itvnorthwest/itv_northwest_images/programmes/framed_01-01.jpg

edit: a rare grammar mis-step
Last edited by VMPhil on 11 March 2017 11:58pm
LL
Larry the Loafer
Wikipedia claims there was a short period towards the end of the Wilkes era where he presented it from an apartment.

And while we're on the topic, here's the very first one:

I know nobody really has a "favourite episode" of You've Been Framed but I've always wanted to track down one of the Christmas specials with Lisa Riley. IIRC it opens with her in a log cabin in Lapland and shouts "It's Christmas!" A festive nostalgic oddity from my younger years I'd love to see again.
Last edited by Larry the Loafer on 11 March 2017 11:51pm
:-(
A former member
Wikipedia claims there was a short period towards the end of the Wilkes era where he presented it from an apartment.

Was it like white seaside apartment with big windows, and you can see the sky?
XI
Xilla

And while we're on the topic, here's the very first one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdWZPQ1TI7Y

I remember someone taping that episode and me watching it over and over again because I thought it was the funniest show ever made (I was 4...). Then we went to Florida, first night, an episode of America's Funniest Home Videos aired, with all of the golf clips from the first YBF! Smile (Understandable seeing as they had the linkup with the USA and Japan for the show)
IN
Interceptor
Seems crazy now that a programme like You've Been Framed had a studio. It adds so little to the programme.

Newer posts