TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DA
davidhorman

Was it just me that read that as Dogging?

Assumed that as well... Rolling Eyes

Imagine that as a Oneness ident!

I think we're going round in circles here...

(pun unintended)
JO
Joe
Assumed that as well... Rolling Eyes

Imagine that as a Oneness ident!

I think we're going round in circles here...

(pun unintended)

That's been this whole thread since early-January.
AB
ashley b Founding member
So, a new ident just debuted before Saturday Kitchen, 'skaters'.
NB
NextBigThing
I quite like it. Looks to have *slightly* better production values than the previous ones...
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
So, there's a new one, then. Skaters in Southwark. A lot more interesting visually, finally a bit more diverse and the smiling at the camera part is a lot less awkward because they get right back to skating afterwards. A slight improvement.
DB
dbl
At least this is less cringeworthy and it breaks the 4th wall only briefly. Feels more like an ident.
AB
ashley b Founding member
And here's what it looks like (I didn't quite manage to capture the whole thing):
http://www.thisisfive.co.uk/bbc/one/BBC-ONE-SKATERS.jpg
CH
chris
I think the lights really help with this one.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Better than the others, but if that had been the one that they launched with it would still be rubbish
Nicky, denton and cylon6 gave kudos
DP
D.Page
Better than the others, but if that had been the one that they launched with it would still be rubbish

I think you may feel it's better than the others because, being new, it's fresh. Give it a few days!

Dear, oh dear, I still can't quite believe this is the current standard of ident-making on the BBC's flagship channel.

Video here:

tmorgan96 and denton gave kudos
CY
cylon6
I still hate them. Skaters is more bearable but the concept just leaves me cold. I like logos that can be manipulated for any occasion.
Stuart and Lou Scannon gave kudos
NB
NextBigThing
And another one! Bird watchers. Hopefully this will finally replace the sea swimmers for the news...

Newer posts