The Newsroom

BBC News "Break in"

(March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MW
Mike W
So that's where BBC Three's audience went?

I take offence to that, I was BBC Three's audience and I'm the polar opposite to them.

Ah, you're part of Generation Snowflake... 'I take offence at you taking offence' Very Happy
Last edited by Mike W on 6 March 2017 10:57pm
DK
DanielK
So that's where BBC Three's audience went?

I take offence to that, I was BBC Three's audience and I'm the polar opposite to them.

Ah, you're part of Generation Snowflake... 'I take offence at you taking offence' Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing I don't get offended much, apart from being lumped in with the likes of these absolute idiots
RN
Rolling News
Just gormless morons the lot of them. Let's be thankful a serious news story wasn't breaking.
KN
knack
The only way to get an apostrophe in there is to purposefully type it. Quite tragic.
RK
Rkolsen
Give them some credit, at least they shot landscape, and not in numptie portrait

They probably would have if they weren't using those DSLRs.

knack posted:
The only way to get an apostrophe in there is to purposefully type it. Quite tragic.

Not very surprising given how eloquently they spoke. Who ever created that video was probably getting extremely aggravated at the autocorrect thinking "I know it's news with an apostrophe!"

Although to give them the benefit of the doubt maybe they were trying to use the possessive form of news as "news'" but in that case they should have added the word output. However I do not think they are bright enough to know what a plural possessive noun is.

Now that I have criticized them I should add a disclaimer: I realize that I may not always come across as grammatically correct online but this is a message board and not a term paper. Additionally I would like to add that, as an American, certain words are spelled differently from the rest of the English world - such as using a "c" or "z" instead of an "s".
MA
Markymark
They all look like absolute idiots - and they should all be locked up - the BBC's security needs to be tighter, though, definately!

Back in the 70s and 80s they'd have been manhandled and literally booted out of the building. In this day and age you can't even physically touch them, just politely ask them to leave. Decide for yourself whether or not that's a good thing !
IS
Inspector Sands
And of course this sort of thing did happen a couple of times in the 80s, once the infamous Six o' Clock News incident and once when a newsreader, Jan Leeming, was attacked while walking through the newsroom
WH
Whataday Founding member
I hope some of the comments here would have been made had these been Oxford students.

I think these stunts are important to highlight holes in security, which in this case appear to be gaping.
MA
Markymark
I hope some of the comments here would have been made had these been Oxford students.

The students that jump blind drunk off of Magdalene Bridge on May 1st ? They're even more stupid than this lot !
WH
Whataday Founding member

The students that jump blind drunk off of Magdalene Bridge on May 1st ? They're even more stupid than this lot !

I would think so too, but that's not what I was saying.
EL
elmarko
It's hilarious watching everyone here talk about kids half their age with a different culture and a different outlook on life.

I mean, yeah, ok, I don't ever remember being like that when I was their age, but I understand that things evolve and change.

I don't expect them to know the ins and outs of technical stuff around them or whatever.
EL
elmarko
They all look like absolute idiots - and they should all be locked up - the BBC's security needs to be tighter, though, definately!

Back in the 70s and 80s they'd have been manhandled and literally booted out of the building. In this day and age you can't even physically touch them, just politely ask them to leave. Decide for yourself whether or not that's a good thing !

It's unquestionably a good thing.

Newer posts