TV Home Forum

STV2

Launches at 5pm on Monday 24th April. (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
www.tvlive.org.uk/tv-presentation/itv/itv2/s2-1999-2001/

Great caps on TV Live though, thanks for the link. Odd that the page didn't come up in my Google searches at all.

Google is really really bad for that, mind you google does this alot with other websites.
DV
dvboy
www.tvlive.org.uk/tv-presentation/itv/itv2/s2-1999-2001/

Great caps on TV Live though, thanks for the link. Odd that the page didn't come up in my Google searches at all.

Google is really really bad for that, mind you google does this alot with other websites.

There's no meta data on the page, that doesn't help.

14 days later

A former member
Has any promos appeared for the launch next week?
A former member
So where did the date 6 march come from?
A former member
Someone has put in the callander it launches on Thursday night?
GM
GMc
Someone has put in the callander it launches on Thursday night?

AFAIK, STV has not mentioned an official launch date...
SO
SOL
I doubt it'll launch on Thursday. There's normally loads of marketing before a launch date, and there's been zilch thus far.
GL
globaltraffic24
I think there was early talk of a March launch but it's been held up by the technical demands of getting the Ayr, Dundee and Aberdeen frequencies on air at the same time as launch. As an educated guess I would say May is the probable launch date.
GU
Gusan
I believe the channels were supposed to be on air by 2nd March 2017, but the document which stated that was lost in the revamp of the Ofcom website.

Obviously the launch has been postponed with agreement of Ofcom.

They will all have launch on or after the STV2 launch. They'd at least want Dundee and Aberdeen to launch at the same time, so that any publicity on STV News North would apply to both areas.
A former member
Interesting that stv2.tv was registered in 2007. Redirects to stv.tv currently.

Domain Name: STV2.TV
Domain ID: 89798150
Updated Date: 2017-01-10T13:43:50Z
Creation Date: 2007-12-11T10:28:11Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2017-12-11T10:28:11Z

33 days later

DM
dmch82

STV2 to launch at 5pm on Monday 24th April.

https://stv.tv/livelocal/1379126-stv2-programme-information-shows-what-s-on-tv-guide-re-tune/
Last edited by dmch82 on 10 April 2017 2:07pm
MA
mark Founding member
So will this be one fully-networked channel with no local content on each licence? If so, how did that come about?

Newer posts