« Topics
D.Page
Cardiff aired Optics as well, so Glasgow either don't have their copy (yet) or the announcer/director on duty just doesn't like it.

Slightly curious that the two most recent additions, Silk and now Optics, added after the initial first batch are both sombre in tone. As they add to the set, they should use a mixture of sombre and upbeat ones.
D.Page
look what NI got:

To be clear, though, NI aired (their inferior resolution but superior logo version of) Optics before the TX fault.
MetalGearRex1,525 posts since 11 May 2016
London London
Just saw it on iPlayer. Optics is exceptionally great, just as it was 25 years ago.

Cardiff aired Optics as well, so Glasgow either don't have their copy (yet) or the announcer/director on duty just doesn't like it.

Slightly curious that the two most recent additions, Silk and now Optics, added after the initial first batch are both sombre in tone. As they add to the set, they should use a mixture of sombre and upbeat ones.

They've got plenty of idents for lighthearted programming (Dog, Car, Woodpecker, Predator, Zapper, Duck, Kebab), meaning that they could be trying to level out the range of idents with ones more tailored to serious programming. I may be wrong, but I'm a bit curious.
‘Kept you waiting, huh?’- Solid Snake
Mike W4,786 posts since 30 Apr 2006
If we can just work out the pattern then maybe were know when to look out of it.

Patten today, has been
Swan
Woodpeacker
Dog,
Plant
Silk

Lets see if we can catch it again, this is big Very Happy

I don't think there is a pattern. I think a network director selects which idents will fit the programmes (even in these days of automation etc)
Oh it's such a perfect day, I'm glad I spent it with you...
D.Page
...and Shadow gets the sting treatment also. Aired 01-03-2017, at 4.14pm.

Mike W gave kudos
MetalGearRex1,525 posts since 11 May 2016
London London
BBC TWO's controller post has been reinstated.
http://m.broadcastnow.co.uk/5115503.article
Quote:
BBC2 controller role reinstated

2 MARCH, 2017 | BY HANNAH GANNAGÉ-STEWART

Patrick Holland lands promotion

The BBC has reinstated the role of BBC2 controller, just over a year after the position was scrapped.

BBC content director Charlotte Moore has appointed channel editor Patrick Holland to the role.

Under the restructure, BBC4 channel editor Cassian Harrison will report to the former Boundless boss rather than Moore.

It comes after Kim Shillinglaw stepped down as BBC2 controller in January 2016. Her departure came as part of last year’s reshuffle that saw Moore beat Shillinglaw to newly created role of controller of television channels and iPlayer, which later became director of content.

Meanwhile, daytime controller Dan McGolpin has been promoted to the new post of controller of programming and daytime.

In addition to oversight of daytime commissioning, the former BBC scheduling chief will head up planning and programming of content across the portfolio.

He will look for ways to speed up decision-making and the BBC’s acquisitions team and iPlayer division will report to him.

Moore said “simplifying” the structure would help to make it fit for the future.

“Our new simplified leadership structure will be a great opportunity for us to put audiences first and allow both creative and business teams to work hand in hand to deliver our creative vision,” she said.
‘Kept you waiting, huh?’- Solid Snake
No further posts are being accepted for this topic