The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RE
Rex
Jon posted:
I wouldn't worry about Twitter. It's the ratings that'll matter.

I'd agree on that basis. There's some extent of potential for such a talk show, but as you've said, the ratings may play into that factor.
SK
skyviewer
What´s this screen background which is used at nine and eleven? It looks as the usual blue and white background which is used for Sunrise and Ian King Live but there are some other lighter elements added which are not symmetrical and look weird. Does anyone know how this looks as a whole as there are no outside-shots of the box at nine and eleven?
DA
DAS Founding member
The clock on the screens to the left showing the accurate time was a nice touch. I thought the view behind the papers guests didn't look particularly good on screen but I suspect that may be temporary looking at the hoardings etc

Amused me when I read this. They ain't hoardings, they're the backs of office lockers...
NE
Newsroom24
At the end of Sky News at 10 yesterday (28/02/2017) the camera outside the Glass Box continued to show briefly during the adverts. Only a minor issue but thought I would post in anyway. This was via the online stream of Sky News, not sure if it occurred on TV. Apologies for the poor quality.

TV
TV Dan
Does anyone know the viewing figures for last night's News at 10?
HB
HarryB
Whats the pattern on the blue bit?! This was during the 9 o'clock hour
Larry the Loafer and skyviewer gave kudos
WO
Worzel
Whats the pattern on the blue bit?! This was during the 9 o'clock hour

Laughing
SP
Steve in Pudsey
DAS posted:
The clock on the screens to the left showing the accurate time was a nice touch. I thought the view behind the papers guests didn't look particularly good on screen but I suspect that may be temporary looking at the hoardings etc

Amused me when I read this. They ain't hoardings, they're the backs of office lockers...

Oh. Well they make that shot look rubbish whatever they are Smile
CH
chris

Yeah interested to see how they're doing at the moment?
RK
Rkolsen
I kind of like the blue stripe that continues outside the cube. It goes with the overall design aesthetic of the graphics and the simplicity of the studio.
SK
Skygeek
chris posted:

Yeah interested to see how they're doing at the moment?

You won't get anything like a representative figure for a few weeks. It's like how they say a sitcom shouldn't be judged critically or in terms of ratings until its fourth episode - by which, in Sky's case, I don't mean tonight, but rather at the two-thirds point of a run.
HB
HarryB
What has happened to sky's live stream? The ticker has disappeared and the sky news wipe doesn't show either. Some sort of graphics error?

Newer posts