Media Websites

Digital Spy

to be downsized ... (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
DS was doing well when I first joined, and that was months before they had a Big Brother forum. I also feel the Big Brother popularity though is partly what led to the slippery slope into showbiz, clickbait stuff, rather than media & technology that it used to be.

Worth noting though it was the media & technology angle that got them covering Big Brother in the first place. It was a few years really before it was reported about from a more showbiz angle.
DE
derek500
Wicko posted:

What I have genuinely missed about Digital Spy's downtime is the TV Ratings discussions as it seems odd not having a chance to take part in a Let It Shine is a flop and The Voice is a monster hit discussion! I wonder how Let It Shine did in the ratings last night?

4.1m for LIS (peak 4.5m). 5.2m for TVUK (peak 6.2m). Ant & Dec 7.4m (peak 8.7m).

http://realitybox.co.uk/saturday-night-takeaway-grabs-best-ratings-beating-let-shine-voice/
WI
Wicko
Wicko posted:

What I have genuinely missed about Digital Spy's downtime is the TV Ratings discussions as it seems odd not having a chance to take part in a Let It Shine is a flop and The Voice is a monster hit discussion! I wonder how Let It Shine did in the ratings last night?

4.1m for LIS (peak 4.5m). 5.2m for TVUK (peak 6.2m). Ant & Dec 7.4m (peak 8.7m).

http://realitybox.co.uk/saturday-night-takeaway-grabs-best-ratings-beating-let-shine-voice/

Thanks derek. Appreciate the figures. See you in the new look DS.........one day!
DE
derek500
This week, hopefully. It has been good to have a week off from A*h and A.*.P though!!
M7
m7891
It's sort of back. But with a notice saying people shouldn't be there.

Also on the .com domain; .co.uk is carrying the old forums.
PF
PFML84
Not liking the new look as it's very bright with lots of white space. I'm hoping the testing being done on the .com comain is just for the general running of the new software and they still have some changes to go for the look/layout.

Well, anyway, I'm sure someone before long will post a style sheet allowing us to change it to how it was previously. Not keen on the new look they introduced a few years ago either.

I've also just received an e-mail from DS Forum Support congratulating me for being promoted to Rank 6 and to keep posting to unlock higher ranks and bonus user privileges. Whatever that means!

The new forum software seems to have been provided by Vanilla Forums going by the e-mail.
Last edited by PFML84 on 27 February 2017 2:36pm - 2 times in total
JA
james-2001
I'm Rank 7, so nyaahhh Razz
JA
JAS84
http://www.digitalspy.com/showbiz/news/a816819/digital-spy-forums-changes-software-upgrade/
Quote:
Update – 4pm, February 28: The forums have now moved to a new platform and they are open for new posts once again. We'd like to thank you for your patience.
Er, what? Check your calendar, DS.

And something's wrong with the CSS. The logo at the top left corner is missing and the font isn't the one used on the main site.
WI
Wicko
It's back! And is now operational.
WI
Wicko

So am I! What do the three stars mean under the username? People have different colours.
JB
JasonB
The adverts have got worse! One huge one inbeteeen the TV and entertainment forums and the same size advert appears splitting posts in threads up.
JA
JAS84
Wicko posted:

So am I! What do the three stars mean under the username? People have different colours.

It's your rank.

1 - no stars
2 - 1 bronze
3 - 2 bronze
4 - 3 bronze
5 - 1 silver
6 - 2 silver
7 - 3 silver
8 - 1 gold
9 - 2 gold
10 - 3 gold

It's related to post count.