TV Home Forum

Saturday Night Takeaway 2017

(February 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Firstly, did Ant & Dec introduce Saturday Night Takeaway over the ident on STV & UTV, I'm guessing they probably at least did the latter?, or was the fact they started the show proper in a mock up continuity booth lost on Scottish viewers?

Secondly, like last year's cruise finale, this year we look forward to in 6 weeks time, a show broadcast live from Walt Disney World in Florida.

Oh and of course "Ant and Dec were left RED FACED and FORCED to apologise after a member of the public mouthed F*** OFF on LIVE TV!!1!" Laughing

And didn't Studio 1 at The London Studios look great!
JO
Josh
The intro was also cut down.
BA
bilky asko
It was like Interceptor last night with Scarlett Moffat hunting people down in her helicopter. 5/5.
NW
nwtv2003
Michelle Keegan didn't add much to the show, other than that it was very enjoyable.

The last time ITV was live from a Disneyland on a Saturday night was back in April 1992 when what was EuroDisney opened.
LL
Larry the Loafer
They seemed a little looser this time round which I was pleased to see. Recently they've been too slick for their own good and they've lost that "just two friends from Newcastle" charm, but seeing them crack up as Scarlett and then having Dec mess his lines up was a relief to watch. Not quite sure what the point was behind making people wave at their window when Scarlett just picked the house she was closest to, especially when there were houses down the road lit up to oblivion.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Yes Michelle Keegan was weak, didn't have the right voice for the role.

7.4m tuned in to the first show of the new series, beating the final of Let It Shine which only got 4.1m viewers.
Warbler, Brekkie and UBox gave kudos
HC
Hatton Cross

The last time ITV was live from a Disneyland on a Saturday night was back in April 1992 when what was EuroDisney opened.

And if memory serves - it also fell foul of the ITC/BCC and had a 'undue prominence to Euro Disney' complaint upheld against it.
:-(
A former member
Great show. Never really seen Scarlett Moffat on anything before but she was a really good addition to the show, much better than the blonde robot Ashley Roberts.

I definitely know now that there is a new Jamie Oliver restaurant in Harrogate - I wonder just how much of a surprise that was? Felt like a bit of a PR stunt.

Only thing missing really was the bit where they bring someone down from the audience. There was the couple whose parents were there for their honeymoon but that felt a bit half-arsed, as if they'd filmed it but it turned out to be not very good.
JC
JCB
They seemed a little looser this time round which I was pleased to see.

It was nice to see things going a little less smoothly but the show is still far too cheesy for my liking. This naff 'Morcambe & Wise lite' act they seem to have settled into now seemed especially grating last night having spent yesterday watching sm:tv live videos on youtube.
BR
Brekkie
I do think Ant v Dec and The End of the Show Show are becoming a little tired now, but other than that the best Saturday show around.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Ant v Dec isn't too bad when they keep to the same level of abseiling down the South Bank studios, as opposed to playing Catchphrase with Stephen Mulhern. The End of the Show Show has its moments but last night it was astoundingly weak, felt like it was an idea cobbled together in the afternoon.
WL
W1LL

And if memory serves - it also fell foul of the ITC/BCC and had a 'undue prominence to Euro Disney' complaint upheld against it.

I thought they were treading a bit close to the line once again last night, the feature just felt like an extended promotion for Disneyland and Virgin Atlantic.

Newer posts