TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
bristoliandude
Just a rant...

How will it be called "News at Ten" if it will now air at 22:30?

Also who is exactly going to stay up until 23:00 for the regional news? (If you need to be up early the next morning)
BA
bilky asko
Just a rant...

How will it be called "News at Ten" if it will now air at 22:30?

Also who is exactly going to stay up until 23:00 for the regional news? (If you need to be up early the next morning)

I have a few names they could call it instead:

"Independent Television News at Ten Thirty One and Thirty Seconds with Tom Bradby"
"News at Ten +0.5"
"News at Ten AM (Live from Norfolk Island)"
"The Best Ever News at Ten (Sponsored by Trump Watches)"
"Tom Bradby's Late Late Nightly News"
GO
gottago

People who want to watch the regional news and go to bed beyond 23:00?
:-(
A former member
I thought the regional news at that time was for people working the back shift? or people getting up and then having to do the night shift?
BR
Brekkie
Jez posted:
Don't know where the Daily Express have got that from, it doesn't add up at all, it's about as accurate as their weather front pages.

The Voice is expected to finish the same weekend as Saturday Night Takeaway does.

Then BGT will appear the week after, at the same time as normal, paired up with Take Me Out, which is the only show which has moved to a different time of year.

So basically they just replace one reality show with another. Time for some new ideas for Saturday night I think

To be fair ITV have probably tried more new formats at the weekend than the BBC over recent years. Most didn't stick at all, but the likes of Take Me Out and Ninja Warrior have stuck around.
Last edited by Brekkie on 25 February 2017 4:02pm
:-(
A former member
Lets not forget Harry hills Stars in your eyes
AN
Andrew Founding member
Jez posted:
Don't know where the Daily Express have got that from, it doesn't add up at all, it's about as accurate as their weather front pages.

The Voice is expected to finish the same weekend as Saturday Night Takeaway does.

Then BGT will appear the week after, at the same time as normal, paired up with Take Me Out, which is the only show which has moved to a different time of year.

So basically they just replace one reality show with another. Time for some new ideas for Saturday night I think

Why bother when they're all watched in their droves and make ITV millions?

And what was BBC One's new idea replacing The Voice?!
JO
Jon

No, let's.
AE
AlexEdohHD13
Jon posted:

No, let's.

Yes, please let's. It was awful
DA
davidhorman
Incidentally Harry Hill is back, on Thursday at 20:30 on ITV, with Harry Hill's Alien Fun Capsule .
JE
Jez Founding member
Jez posted:

Why bother when they're all watched in their droves and make ITV millions?

And what was BBC One's new idea replacing The Voice?!

you are missing my point. BBC replaced The Voice with Let it Shine but my point is ITV now have The Voice as well as X Factor. Plus we have the voice kids coming up soon as well apparently. To me they are a very similar shows (XF and The Voice) and its too much of the same thing on a Saturday night IMO
WH
Whataday Founding member
Saturday Night Takeaway still has the ITV logo at the start of its titles, despite them having been butchered to bits for this series.

Newer posts