TV Home Forum

#Voicesof4 - new C4 idents

17 new idents as part of diversity initiative (November 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Is that strange bug ident still being used.... never seen it in ages. I starting to get the feeling current idents are not great and ch4 are testing the water with new ideas..

Every night near enough, but usually only late.

8 days later

A former member
How many idents have been crated? it seems to be there is MORE than 17. I have just spotted a different version of the Manx Gaelic School ident - is that the only one to do two versions?

I have spotted:
Cafe,
Isle of man school Different from before:
Basketball
Horse racing
Bollywood woman
Football player
Sting Music
Baby and mum
Bus Driver
Back stage
drag act
Male couple.

I have not see:
Pole Dance ident.
rugby player
Kevin ident
Sufer
Manx Gaelic School ident.

On top of that there been a few changes mainly around 11pm jct and these voices ones are not getting used.
A former member
It appears that there are different versions for a few - notably the Manx school which has a great variation between the two. Then there are the subtle changes to other idents where just the holding image for the C4 announcer voiceover can vary between idents. In Drag Artist - it's either a long shot or close up of the glitter ball, in Restaurant, its a shot of the designer lights or of the rotisserie chicken.
A former member
Just to check Also were these being used in the early mornings and afternoons? I thought it was just peak times.
A former member
No, you're quite right - just peak time 8pm till 10/11pm.
A former member
I wonder why it was changed to just peak times, because you can hear daytime announcements on that twitter clip. Also there seems to be a swimmer one, if that tweet is correct.

AB
ashley b Founding member
Actually, I've seen them used at 6:30 before hollyoaks, but not every day.
BR
Brekkie
Surfer aired before Humans. What makes these work is the soundtrack - only been on air a month or so but having a familiar theme linking them together makes them stand out as the idents. If they did become a long term thing though I think it would be good to work the blocks into the idents

71 days later

A former member
There have come back. Which is rather strange,
EL
elmarko
Bus driver features the bus I sometimes get to work in Edinburgh (although it looks like the actual scene was shot just outside Edinburgh) and it was very odd to see it, big surprise.

Newer posts