Local TV

Are you local? (July 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CH
chris
Looks good - that music is horrendous though
DB
dbl
I hate the straps though, other than that the programme is more or less on point!
OM
Omnipresent
Notts Tonight is a new 60 minute show that replaces the 30 minute Notts TV News bulletin and the 6.30 show.

On a related note, it was announced that the respected radio executive David Lloyd is joining Notts TV as Chairman.
MA
Markymark
Hannington is now carrying the two local muxes to serve Reading (UHF Ch 29) and Basingstoke (UHF Ch 51)

Only the three national 'sustaining' services at present on both, (Kix, True Crime, and True Movies) nothing
in the visible service tables indicating the 'That's Reading' and 'That's Hampshire' local channels. I assume they are one step closer now ?!

I'm in Basingstoke, obviously full signal for the Basingstoke mux here, but stable decodable signal for Reading, (the original plan was for both to share Ch 29, a lá the Manchester/Liverpool/Preston services from Winter Hill)
MO
Mouseboy33
MdeBristol Crunch and MdeCardiff Crunch both now have a guest seating cube-thingy. Its a big fabric box and the colours are orange and blue. Kinda odd looking addition. Looks very odd at Crunch Cardiff. The paper sofa is now straight and the box is crammed camera left. Looks strange. Looks juvenile.
HT
HTV Best
MdeBristol Crunch and MdeCardiff Crunch both now have a guest seating cube-thingy. Its a big fabric box and the colours are orange and blue. Kinda odd looking addition. Looks very odd at Crunch Cardiff. The paper sofa is now straight and the box is crammed camera left. Looks strange. Looks juvenile.

It looks like they have bought a job lot of "sex cushions" for the guests to sit on! Shocked
TA
Tabasco
Hi all,

Has anyone got any info on Yorkshire Coast TV? They were supposed to launch in 2015, then the date got put back I think. Is the project dead in the water does anyone know?

8 days later

C4
C4girl
Rebrand for London Live

http://dmcameron.onfabrik.com/blog/victory-is-in-sight
Mouseboy33, SuperDave and dbl gave kudos
DB
dbl
Interesting to see what they come up with - despite the editorial issues with London Live, it does have the best On Air Presentation of the local channels.
LL
London Lite Founding member
A look at That's Cambridge. Looks like they got part of Solent's backdrop with the podium sofas.

WO
Worzel
A look at That's Cambridge. Looks like they got part of Solent's backdrop with the podium sofas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHoQr7cTW00

Yes, their studios are based at Cowley Road. Cambridge TV's (as was) were based in Signet Court (Swanns Road, just off Newmarket Road).
BA
bilky asko
Hi all,

Has anyone got any info on Yorkshire Coast TV? They were supposed to launch in 2015, then the date got put back I think. Is the project dead in the water does anyone know?

One presumes so, as there is no mention of it by Estuary TV or The Grimsby Institute any more. Perhaps worth a communiqué?

Newer posts