International News Presentation: Past and Present

(February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WW
WW Update
RTR, Switzerland (Romansh-language), 2016:

RK
Rkolsen
This isn't a video but I'd thought I'd share this image I posted to Twitter. It shows the perils of some templates.

The show itself "Pulse Across America" is neat where they use Microsoft Pulse to ask questions and you see real time results that are broken down by demographics.
MQ
Mr Q
AxG posted:
Eesti Televisioon's Aktuaalne kaamera, will debut a new look tonight, they've uploaded a time-lapse of the new set being built on Facebook.

It might be premature to judge from the video and a single photo, but it looks more like a game show than a news programme! Still, it can't be accused of applying any dull template for a news studio.
MA
mark Founding member

The show itself "Pulse Across America" is neat where they use Microsoft Pulse to ask questions and you see real time results that are broken down by demographics.

From what I've seen, the problem with using Microsoft Pulse for this kind of thing is that, if not many people are voting, the results can swing wildly in a matter of seconds. I had a go once, and my vote seemed to completely reverse the current result. As a result, some very suspect-looking poll findings can appear on screen.

That was just during regular news output before the election, though, so they may have better luck nowadays.
WW
WW Update
Sky News Ireland, 2004 -- a short-lived opt-out aired on Sky News in the Republic of Ireland:

Last edited by WW Update on 14 February 2017 10:29pm
AC
aconnell
A brief look at CNews which launches on 27th February, replacing iTele.

GL
globaltraffic24
A first look at the new Aktuaalne Kaamera

http://etv.err.ee/v/paevakajasaated/aktuaalne_kaamera/saated2100/ea821be6-980e-4df7-8e1b-baa98d59c3ed/aktuaalne-kaamera-ilm
WW
WW Update
A brief look at CNews which launches on 27th February, replacing iTele.

This reminds me a bit of France 3 circa 2006:

WW
WW Update
A historical compilation of news intros used by TVI in Portugal (originally known as "4") since its 1993 launch:

AD
ADmanamDA
All News Intros from around the world Part 4: Letters D-F
Quatorzine Neko and WW Update gave kudos
TC
TorontoCommons
This isn't a video but I'd thought I'd share this image I posted to Twitter. It shows the perils of some templates.

[image]

Font wrapping in cable news is disgusting.
WW
WW Update
A historical compilation of news intros used by TVI in Portugal (originally known as "4") since its 1993 launch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOnOjsCj9ZA

And here's a similar compilation for SIC:

Some of those 1990s graphics really resembled CBS News of that era:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v302/az2si/sic-cbs-1a_zpspe5ados6.png

Newer posts