« Topics
MetalGearRex935 posts since 11 May 2016
London London
As Im in Malta, I havent seen any UK TV for three days. So, can I assume that the circles didnt make a return as I predicted and that Oneness is still alive and kicking?

Yes it is still - they are the de facto replacement for the circles, no wonder why they made such a fuss about it in the press.

But as it stands, I can't see it lasting more than a year - judging from what the BBC has said, the Oneness campaign is only for a year - which is the aim of these idents - keeping them beyond that period of time just isn't practical without keeping the concept. You've also got to consider the critical general consensus on the current set - that could change as not all have been filmed.
'What is the only planet capable of sustaining life?'
'Mars.'
Critique2,782 posts since 9 Aug 2009
Anglia (East) Look East
First use of a slide I've seen since the rebrand here...

Slightly surprised that someone thought to update the template considering what a bodge the rebrand is! Then again, the transition from the red background to the image from the Inside Out titles is in the style of the swirl transition...
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore
tomo359851 posts since 18 Oct 2009
Border (England)
For Sunday Politics in the Look East region there was a strange ident mix up whereby the new Mountain Rescue ident was played, however the old Capes ident music was also played.

How does something like that even happen?? Are the video and sound files played separately and someone selected the wrong file? I'd have thought it would just have been a video and sound file combined.
Asa3,232 posts since 22 Mar 2001 Administrator
Meridian (South East) South East Today
But I guess you'd then you'd have lots of video files for every variation of presenter? Possibly easier to have a couple of idents and then many sound clips. Think this was how it was done in the old clock days.

Was it a rare presenter on Look East that day, maybe they hadn't recorded a newer version?

That reminds me, South East need to fix theirs - the announcement with Ellie Crisell is the worst cut-and-shut version going.
Inspector Sands10,633 posts since 25 Aug 2004

How does something like that even happen?? Are the video and sound files played separately and someone selected the wrong file? I'd have thought it would just have been a video and sound file combined.

In the regions they're often pre built idents. When there's minimal staffing in the gallery you don't want to be running seperate annos on top of idents. The ones before Inside Out are built onto the programme itself

I suspect someone went to re-edit the ident then realised that they didn't have the original voice over to hand so just replaced the video. It's not ideal, but it does the job.
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 7 February 2017 1:53pm
Asa gave kudos