TV Home Forum

CBBC Channel

New logo for 2016 - out with the green (September 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Yes that's it, very typical of ITV shows during that sort of era, it was a Saturday 5:30pm type of thing.

The clip of the burger bar, was up there with the one where they smashed a collection of teapots on Changing Rooms.
BR
Brekkie
It was originally called Home Alone but they were forced to change the name by the second series.

Hah, I remember the episode where they put a children's slide in between two floors and the look on the parents face was just sheer horror.

Wouldn't be surprised if the parents ended up using that more than the kids.
SW
Steve Williams
It was originally called Home Alone but they were forced to change the name by the second series.

The pilot was called Home Alone, and I remember was broadcast straight before the first Pop Idol final, so it got quite a big audience. The series was called Home On Their Own, as mentioned, and was flung out in the summer to little effect.
XQ
XQD

The pilot was called Home Alone, and I remember was broadcast straight before the first Pop Idol final, so it got quite a big audience. The series was called Home On Their Own, as mentioned, and was flung out in the summer to little effect.

There were actually two series of this show. Series 1 aired in the summer of 2002 for 7 episodes. It then returned in the Spring/Summer of 2003, airing between May and June. Notably, it was one of LWT's last fully in-house developed formats. It won a Bronze Rose D'Or that year too!
JA
james-2001
Lets hope its not like that ITV series years ago when kids turned the family kitchen into an american style burger bar, and when it was revealed the mum almost had a breakdown.

I seem to remember one episode where they turned the living room into a cinema (complete with "lobby" with popcorn machine and pick & mix sweets in the hall). Unless that was a different show, but I'm sure it was the same one.
VM
VMPhil
LCL92 posted:

There were actually two series of this show. Series 1 aired in the summer of 2002 for 7 episodes. It then returned in the Spring/Summer of 2003, airing between May and June. Notably, it was one of LWT's last fully in-house developed formats. It won a Bronze Rose D'Or that year too!

I remember really enjoying it at the time, thought it was a great idea and the kids naturally came up with some really fun/crazy ideas. I don't remember the Tess Daly series though.
JO
Josh
There's a show similar to HoTO called The Dengineers and is on CBBC.
RE
Rex
CBBC have ordered a 'car makeover' series starring two Youtubers. I don't know who they are as I can't read the article.

"The 10 x 20-minute series, Ali-A’s Superchargers, will give children the opportunity to makeover the family car without their parents’ involvement.

Ali-A will host alongside supercar vlogger Lord Aleem, who will be on hand to help the kids choose gadgets and gizmos. Le Mans racing driver Rebecca Jackson will help to fix any broken mechanics.

Once the transformed car has passed its MOT it will be revealed to the children’s parents."

I'm surprised CBBC went for Ali-A, his videos from what I can see aren't very kid friendly. Usually if CBBC want a Youtuber to guest star or host something it's Oli White, Zoe Sugg or Joe Sugg. Same with Lord Aleem really.

Because he plays games from a franchise (albeit declining since 2013) aimed towards an adult audience, yet it also appeals to young kids as well? Maybe that's why.
DC
DCI02

"The 10 x 20-minute series, Ali-A’s Superchargers, will give children the opportunity to makeover the family car without their parents’ involvement.

Ali-A will host alongside supercar vlogger Lord Aleem, who will be on hand to help the kids choose gadgets and gizmos. Le Mans racing driver Rebecca Jackson will help to fix any broken mechanics.

Once the transformed car has passed its MOT it will be revealed to the children’s parents."

I'm surprised CBBC went for Ali-A, his videos from what I can see aren't very kid friendly. Usually if CBBC want a Youtuber to guest star or host something it's Oli White, Zoe Sugg or Joe Sugg. Same with Lord Aleem really.

Because he plays games from a franchise (albeit declining since 2013) aimed towards an adult audience, yet it also appeals to young kids as well? Maybe that's why.

Yes, but CBBC tends to distance itself from these types of things.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if he can move from presenting Youtube to TV seamlessly.
RE
Rex

Yes, but CBBC tends to distance itself from these types of things.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see if he can move from presenting Youtube to TV seamlessly.

Yep - looking at his videos, he does have an enthusiastic personality from the looks of it - though his YouTube focus has largely ballooned up - vlogs and gameplay of other games including Pokemon GO and Minecraft seem to be growing. Thanks in part to Call of Duty's decline (I'd say it peaked towards the tail-end of the PS3/X360 era), and with how stained the game's reputation is towards certain people.

8 days later

DC
DCI02
It seems that finally CBBC will be using it's extra 2 hours for not just repeats.

As well as the CBBC Official Chart Show which airs on Fridays at 7:00pm, a new series of All Over the Workplace hosted by Alex Riley will air daily at 7:30pm from January 30.

8 days later

DC
DCI02
http://www.rochellestevens.com/oswin/

Mark Oswin, a writer for Danger Mouse mentions working on scripts for many different kids TV series including The Duckula Show for the BBC.

http://www.rochellestevens.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Credits-Oswin.pdf

His list of credits mentions writing one episode and a script polish for The Duckula Show, it also lists it seperate from Danger Mouse. Meaning that it's not just a DM episode.

Could Count Duckula also be coming back?

Newer posts