TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Star Turn is the name of the new daytime promo.

He has recently been warned for going on about it in the GMB thread.

So he is posting it in another thread instead.
BA
Bail Moderator
And yet he says he doesn't want to get banned? I'm confused.
TO
tomo359
What exactly is there to email about a promo? I hope it wasn't all the rubbish about if the segments were quarters or not! If it was oh give me strength!
BR
Brekkie
passes strength to tomo359
WH
Whataday Founding member
Kudos to Debbie at the Duty Office for dropping it onto the desk of some poor assistant at The Morning.
GO
gottago
Kudos to Debbie at the Duty Office for dropping it onto the desk of some poor assistant at The Morning.

To think someone will have to take time out of their job to respond to this drivel.
Hatton Cross, Rex and Cando gave kudos
KE
kernow
ITV just showed a next slide after Coronation Street which said "The National Telelvision Awards"

Does no one check things like this before they go to broadcast? It's not the first time I've seen this sort of thing (I've also seen it on BBC 2 recently). It looks so unprofessional!
Last edited by kernow on 25 January 2017 7:36pm
DB
dbl

Does no one check things like before they go to broadcast? It's not the first time I've seen this sort of thing (I've also seen it on BBC 2 recently). It looks so unprofessional!

Usually if there's manual continuity graphics created (not automated) it's QC'd by one of the Producers. Clearly that's been missed.
TV
TVMan
There was a very wobbly jib shot at the start of Through the Keyhole last night, did they not check the footage before it was transmitted?

20 days later

LL
Larry the Loafer
I'm not sure if it was here were somebody mentioned Play To The Whistle was moving to ITV4, but I've just seen a trailer for its new series, which is apparently relocating to Tuesdays on ITV.
RO
rob Founding member
The death has just been announced of Stephen Rhodes, the voice of many programmes including Family Fortunes, as well as a fill-in presenter on This Morning.

GW
GarWill99
I don't know how true these rumours are but it seems that the usual start date for BGT of the second/third Saturday in April will not be followed this year, if they turn out to indeed, be true.

It seems as if May 6th is now the most likely start date due to The Voice Live Shows etc...

Has anyone else heard anything on this subject? May 6th start date for BGT would mean live shows would be pushed all the way back to a week in mid/late June! It'll seem strange.

I suppose ITV could try airing BGT and the voice together without any problems but the main problem there is do people really want to watch two talent shows straight after eachother? Probably not, that's where viewing figures could potentially dip.

Newer posts