TV Home Forum

TV Forum Meetup! - THE RESULTS

I'm thinking of having a get together, what do you think? (January 2017)

CR
Critique Anglia (East) Look East
Perhaps we could see if a company would be so kind enough to give us a special tour on account of our valued contribution to the television industry?

I'm sure Skygeek would enjoy nothing more than taking us around Sky Central, for an afternoon where a gaggle of members just endlessly slate the place!
623058: it just seems like your an mp3 whore
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Perhaps we could see if a company would be so kind enough to give us a special tour on account of our valued contribution to the television industry?

I'm sure Skygeek would enjoy nothing more than taking us around Sky Central, for an afternoon where a gaggle of members just endlessly slate the place!

Everyone would be straight to the desk of whoever puts the rotas together.
RK
Rkolsen World News
dvboy posted:
The staff at Discovery HQ might have some time on their hands to show us around soon.

Well that's right down the road from me. But I don't think they are to keen on strangers in their building after what happened in 2010.

https://youtu.be/ilQltfpdje4
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.
EY
the eye World News
What about us long term international members? 😂
d
DB
dbl London London
dvboy posted:
The staff at Discovery HQ might have some time on their hands to show us around soon.

It's just offices... the only thing interesting is playout downstairs and events around Chiswick Business Park

Boring. Wink
HA
harshy Founding member
Jon posted:
Bradford, home of the National Media Museum and it's TV Heaven collection and viewing areas?

it in the north too. I went their a few years ago.

It's dull, not really much there and it's also has the disadvantage of being in Bradford probably the worse city I've ever visited.

Decent currys though!
DV
dvboy Central (West) Midlands Today
You can get a decent curry in Birmingham too.
Hello, good evening, and remain indoors.
JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
Will this involve copious amounts of shandy?
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
RO
rob Founding member Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Will this involve copious amounts of shandy?

I'll smuggle some gin from the distillery. I have contacts... Wink
TV Live / Podcasts
BA
Bail Moderator Meridian (South) South Today
Well the responces to the questionaire seem to have stopped, if you're interested in a meet up please do fill out the questionaire linked on the first post, will help forumulate a plan.
MO
Moz Wales Today
Have replied. And it's a no. Hate geeks. As Groucho Marx once said, "I don’t care to belong to any club that will have me as a member."
#skillsforlife
RK
Rkolsen World News
Is there a news museum in the U.K.? If so it should be there.

If your ever in Washington DC you must go to the Newseum - a highly interactive museum of news and well worth the price of admission. It has great views of Capitol Hill. You can even record your own standup - they have a dozen or so booths where you can choose a live weather map or the background of the WRC/NBC Washington set.

During big events they'll put up breaking news and some sports events on their 40x22 ft screen on their atrium. I imagine it was awkward when they had CNN up when Al Jazeera was live in their studio.
Don’t let anyone treat you like you’re a VO/SOT when you’re a PKG.

Newer posts