TV Home Forum

TV Forum Meetup! - THE RESULTS

I'm thinking of having a get together, what do you think? (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TG
Tim Goodwin1
Bradford, home of the National Media Museum and it's TV Heaven collection and viewing areas?

it in the north too. I went their a few years ago.
DO
dosxuk
John posted:
Not in Stourbridge

I'm intrigued, whats wrong with Stourbridge?

The ring road
BA
bilky asko
Hull - City of Culture, Home of BBC Levy
York - Good access via the official TV Forum transport method (the train)
Manchester - Contains the ideal street for a Metropol meetup alongside
Wetwang - hard to get to, but Paul Hudson is the Mayor.
HC
Hatton Cross
John posted:
Not in Stourbridge

I'm intrigued, whats wrong with Stourbridge?

The ring road

Or it could be the former favoured meeting venue of a certain archive tv group?
JO
Jon
Bradford, home of the National Media Museum and it's TV Heaven collection and viewing areas?

it in the north too. I went their a few years ago.

It's dull, not really much there and it's also has the disadvantage of being in Bradford probably the worse city I've ever visited.
WO
Worzel
Perhaps we can go to Sky Studios and see how many TV Forumers we can squeeze into the Sky News glass box after 6pm. Those that moan about the echo and lack of blue or red have to wait downstairs. Razz
JO
Jon
Tumble Tower does a lot of traveling around the UK so we should probably let him decide.
BR
Brekkie
Crinkly Bottom?
SC
Si-Co
Personally I'd love to have a tour of somewhere like ITV Studios, Leeds Studios/NTC, Media City, etc. Not sure if such things exist though.
IS
Inspector Sands
Si-Co posted:
Personally I'd love to have a tour of somewhere like ITV Studios, Leeds Studios/NTC, Media City, etc. Not sure if such things exist though.

The BBC do tours in Salford, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Newcastle and Glasgow :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/tours/
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 28 January 2017 7:01pm
WH
Whataday Founding member
Perhaps we could see if a company would be so kind enough to give us a special tour on account of our valued contribution to the television industry?
Stuart, Si-Co and Critique gave kudos
DV
dvboy
The staff at Discovery HQ might have some time on their hands to show us around soon.

Newer posts