TV Home Forum

TV Forum Meetup! - THE RESULTS

I'm thinking of having a get together, what do you think? (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
BBI45
Joe posted:
BBI45 posted:
If only I didn't have to do my GCSEs. (why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) I would be willing to attend a meet-up during the summer. Personal suggestion would be the BBC tour in Manchester. I can say it is pretty good from personal experience. (Here is the point where I contemplate adding a selfie of just-turned-14-me on the BBC Breakfast mock-up set... actually, I don't think you need to see the selfie. Very Happy )

It's for over-18s only though, in any case.

Ahh... Only just read that part of the original post. If only it was 15+ rather than 18+. Oh well. The minimum age is there for a reason and I respect that. There is always the future.
Last edited by BBI45 on 26 January 2017 10:05pm - 2 times in total
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Possibly up for this!!
WH
Whataday Founding member
So where are we thinking? Please god no team building exercises. I've managed to get to 30 without having gone paint balling and long may that continue.
DV
DVB Cornwall
So where are we thinking? Please god no team building exercises. I've managed to get to 30 without having gone paint balling and long may that continue.

What no twenty minute logo and presentation challenges.....
JO
John
Not in Stourbridge
MY
MY83
John posted:
Not in Stourbridge

Aww. We could all pile into a Parry People Mover.
RO
rob Founding member
IT'S A DATE!

Seriously, I'd be up for a meet up!

Picture of the year. Laughing
WH
Whataday Founding member
I'm going to rather selfishly propose Cardiff. Firstly because I live here, secondly because it's cheaper than most other cities and thirdly I wouldn't mind heading to the Doctor Who Experience before it closes this Summer and I don't have any geeky friends in real life to go with. No offence like.
MY
MY83
Plus Cardiff is easily reachable by train from literally everywhere. Including Newport.

Also it has the Bay. And three Nando's.
AN
Andrew Founding member
MY83 posted:
Plus Cardiff is easily reachable by train from literally everywhere. Including Newport.

Also it has the Bay. And three Nando's.

Sorry but Cardiff is actually awkward for quite a bit of the country, as it isn't on the proper long distance Crosscountry network. No direct trains further north that Nottingham I don't think.

To maximise potential numbers I would say the best venue is either London or somewhere on the Voyager operated Crosscountry network.

You'd be looking at Birmingham if you are talking central England or Manchester if you are talking central to the UK in my opinion.
Stuart and Lou Scannon gave kudos
IS
Inspector Sands
John posted:
Not in Stourbridge

I'm intrigued, whats wrong with Stourbridge?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Bradford, home of the National Media Museum and it's TV Heaven collection and viewing areas?
ukpetey, Rory and bilky asko gave kudos

Newer posts