The Newsroom

Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Once again the watch sky news live feed on line has been switched to clean feed of protesters... Whats the point???
:-(
A former member
Really enjoying Sophy Ridge on Sunday. Peston set out with his aim of getting to know the people rather than going for the aggressive style of other interviewers, but I think Sophy does this better. Maybe she's an easier ride than your likes of Andrew Neil, but that's not a bad thing if it gets the interviewee to open up more.

Studio looks great too.
MA
mapperuo
One thing I noticed with the Box today during Sophy Ridge. The box echos quite badly the noises of the next guest being sat down, and you can also see it occurring in the reflection and see the floor manager.
NJ
news junkie
Earlier today, technically yesterday, Sky News broadcast from Washington DC using Sky News Arabia's offices with a makeshift studio. Just in case no one saw it.

This is what happened to the rooftop position https://www.instagram.com/p/BPnULjNDKIM/?taken-by=kayburley_

Last edited by news junkie on 24 January 2017 1:52am
HB
HarryB
Finally the glass box is looking good!! Shocked

HT
htchngs
The full Sky Ocean Rescue item from Sky News at 1 today - with some nice custom lower thirds, stings, maps etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPYL0rQlgFk
BR
Brekkie
Temp studio looks rather nice.
HT
htchngs
I wonder what would happen if some massive breaking news story came in while they had the "Ocean Rescue" set... Shocked
RK
Rkolsen
Earlier today, technically yesterday, Sky News broadcast from Washington DC using Sky News Arabia's offices with a makeshift studio. Just in case no one saw it.

This is what happened to the rooftop position https://www.instagram.com/p/BPnULjNDKIM/?taken-by=kayburley_
[

Things like what Kay posted would make me nervous. Space at the Fox and NBC bureaus (if you don't know they're in the same building) was so precious that they had to set up two levels of scaffolding on the roof for live shots of their affiliates and news partners.

Space was at such a premium for NBC (I imagine Fox as well) that on another position of the roof they set up the insulated and heated tents.

DA
Dave Founding member
Is Kay Burley able to start and interview, either a guest or a reporter without telling us that that person is 'standing by'

Know it's a little thing but it bugs the crap out of me!
DV
dvboy
Dave posted:
Is Kay Burley able to start and interview, either a guest or a reporter without telling us that that person is 'standing by'

Know it's a little thing but it bugs the crap out of me!

It's like Mary Anne Hobbes on Radio 6 when she says a track is "lifted from" the album. Mad
NJ
news junkie
Sky News is 28 on Sunday. I think it's came quite far and still pioneering how we access news.

Kay posted a picture of the original newsroom, fascinating how small it seems compared to osterley now.

richard h, watchingtv and Stuart gave kudos

Newer posts