TV Home Forum

Channel 5 general discussion

(revised repeat)

WH
Whataday Founding member Wales Wales Today
I notice there's a new credits style on CBB too rather than the usual left aligned text.

TO
tomo359 Border (England)
Whats the new ident? I watched on C5+1 and it was just the normal dogs ident
GO
gottago London London
I notice there's a new credits style on CBB too rather than the usual left aligned text.

It was like that during the summer.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
I guess they're left aligned when they have eviction voting details on the right.

As for the ident - only saw the launch intro but they just used a comic book style frame around the regular ident then moved it across Grange Hill style to switch to the sponsor ad.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.
GO
gottago London London
I guess they're left aligned when they have eviction voting details on the right.

No they play the eviction details first and then air the credits. Presumably because the details on screen meant C5 were unable to credit squeeze and promote other shows.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Yeah, nominated housemates and their numbers are read out before the credits

I think in the middle of the civilian series last year the CBB credits moved from left alignment to centre alignment.
“Nostalgia’s cool, but it won’t help me now, the dream is good, if you don’t wear it out.”
AB
Abysmality Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Minus the new look I can't think of any significant changes to Channel 5 since Viacom took over, apart from Rylan becoming the face of it...
TT
TellyTime
Minus the new look I can't think of any significant changes to Channel 5 since Viacom took over, apart from Rylan becoming the face of it...

- the long awaited launch of Channel 5 HD on Freeview and Freesat
- double digit budget growth for new programming
- a raft of new high quality factual programming
- an original british comedy with Borderline, to join their original british drama Suspects
- an increase in viewing figures among 16-34 year-olds, and the only major free-to-air channel to grow audience share
- a return to profits
- the launch of Spike on all platforms
- the launch of 5STAR+1 and 5USA+1 on Freeview

Rylan is hardly the face of it, he only presents BBBOTS and had a limited run chat show. He is no more of a face of the channel than Emma Willis, Ben Fogle, Sian Williams, Alan Davies, Alex Polizzi or Eamonn & Ruth.
MA
madmusician Central (West) Midlands Today

Rylan is hardly the face of it, he only presents BBBOTS and had a limited run chat show. He is no more of a face of the channel than Emma Willis, Ben Fogle, Sian Williams, Alan Davies, Alex Polizzi or Eamonn & Ruth.

...or Mark Nicholas.

Sadly his part of the launch of the Desmond-era Channel 5 has been erased from YouTube. 'Good evening, I'm Mark Nicholas, and this is one hell of a party', he slurred into the camera...!
RE
Rex London London

- the long awaited launch of Channel 5 HD on Freeview and Freesat
- double digit budget growth for new programming
- a raft of new high quality factual programming
- an original british comedy with Borderline, to join their original british drama Suspects
- an increase in viewing figures among 16-34 year-olds, and the only major free-to-air channel to grow audience share
- a return to profits
- the launch of Spike on all platforms
- the launch of 5STAR+1 and 5USA+1 on Freeview

I think that Viacom has turned Channel 5 around in a lot of good ways to be fair - original programming, however more provocative it can be (ala Benefits programmes and Can't Pay?) has definitely boosted C5's profile.

I would also have to concur with you about Spike and C5 HD - the former is a decent channel particularly with US drama and cop shows, and the model in which Viacom is pursuing for it is far superior compared to the dross we're seeing on newer Freeview channels. Channel 5 HD - speaks for itself really, so I won't ramble on about it.
REEEEEEEEE
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Despite all that investment, there's only one show I make an effort to watch, 5 News. The last show I ended up watching was the infamous Can't Pay, Won't Pay on My5

CBB on a minute budget and the rest of the output is still not an incentive to watch the channel, except when Wentworth Prison is on.
Andrew Wood and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Honestly can't recall the last thing I watched on C5.
Be nicer and more tolerant to each other. Them's the rules.

Newer posts