The Newsroom

ITV News: Rotas & Presenters

(July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
newsman1
dvboy posted:
According to the TiVO guide ITV News is on at 16.45 and then nothing after that. Are they not doing the Scotland / Rest of the UK late news split this year?

STV are doing their own thing.

I'm aware that there is a 15-minute STV news review of the year at 11:05.

Will STV rejoin the network feed if there is major breaking news, i.e. terror attack, death of a prominent royal?
GM
Gary McEwan
dvboy posted:
According to the TiVO guide ITV News is on at 16.45 and then nothing after that. Are they not doing the Scotland / Rest of the UK late news split this year?

STV are doing their own thing.

They always do their own thing anyway, but ITN have usually provided a Scotland only ITV News bulletin on NYE. IIRC Alastair Stewart presented it on the last couple of occasions.
LS
Lou Scannon
STV & ITV's schedules diverge from 7pm onwards.

- You've Been Framed (30 mins) is on STV only, at 7pm.
- Ninja Warrior UK (60 mins) starts at 7pm on ITV, but at 7:30pm on STV.
- Take Me Out (60 mins) is on ITV only, at 8pm.
- Harry Potter film (2.5 hours) starts at 8:30pm on STV, but at 9pm on ITV.
- Therefore STV's late news/new year whatnot is from 11pm onward (STV News first, then Hogmanay from 11:15pm), whereas ITV's equivalent offering is from 11:30pm.

So, it does indeed look like nothing ITN-produced will be showing in STV land after the teatime bulletin.
LL
London Lite Founding member
London had Al tonight, which is always a treat. However, so much for sharing reporters. They had a live from freelancer Olivia Kinsley from outside the London Eye, then 10 minutes later Rupert Evelyn was at the same spot for the national bulletin.
AN
Andrew Founding member
This New Year's Eve countdown bulletin could be made a bit less formal, even if they used the Lunchtime News desk, and a slightly different backdrop.
NE
newsman1
London had Al tonight, which is always a treat. However, so much for sharing reporters. They had a live from freelancer Olivia Kinsley from outside the London Eye, then 10 minutes later Rupert Evelyn was at the same spot for the national bulletin.

Apparently, you made that post at 10:30. But the ITV News countdown programme started at 11:30. Furthermore, I didn't see Olivia Kinsley on it.
BR
Brekkie

Apparently, you made that post at 10:30. But the ITV News countdown programme started at 11:30. Furthermore, I didn't see Olivia Kinsley on it.

Read the post properly, think about the context and then it makes perfect sense.
Nicky, London Lite and Bob gave kudos
NE
newsman1

Read the post properly, think about the context and then it makes perfect sense.

Apologies.

I've copped on to the fact that you were referring to the ITV London bulletin that was on before the national early evening news.
BA
Barney
Lewis Vaughn Jones hosting the lunchtime bulletin today, first time I've seen him host.

11 days later

NE
newsman1
Was Robert Moore a presenter on the ITN News Channel in the 2000-2002 period? If I remember correctly, I saw him presenting a bulletin on the channel in a YouTube clip a few years ago. I can't remember where exactly on YouTube I saw it.
NE
newsman1
An ITN News Channel bulletin presented by Steve Scott in 2001.

bilky asko, LondonViewer and London Lite gave kudos
:-(
A former member
An ITN News Channel bulletin presented by Steve Scott in 2001.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NwnUU0mQsM

How refreshing to watch a news bulletin with no unnecessary lives, no pointless standing up by the presenter, just a straightforward succession of interesting reports presented in a slick manner.

Newer posts