The Gallery

Sit-Up Trio Simulator

A 'bid tv' simulation game (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Great job as ever Daniel, nice surprise to see v1.2 Smile

Couple of things if I may,

I suspect the web bidders may be a tad overzealous, especially if you do a megadrop/£1 event - the web bidders (all of which appear to be nameless or new buyers) can pinch all the stock without you ever needing to open the phone lines. This will allow the quantity to fall to 0 and the auction not end until either you exit the auction or open the lines.

Also the "calls placed" on a choice auction only seems capable of going up in multiples of one on a megadrop, as opposed to the other auctions where it can quite easily go up in twos or threes depending on the call volumes. 14 minutes to flog 5000 items at £1 as a 5 choice multi-buy choice or 90 seconds on 1000 items at a £1 as a drop.

Finally a couple of feature suggestions:

It may be beneficial that if we select a graphics set it's appropriate default studio is selected automatically on the next page. This could be a setting in the options however.

I think there could be a better way of presenting the graphics and/or the studio sets rather than vertically scrolling to get to the ones on the bottom. Perhaps a rotating carousel might be an option? ie have the Bid logo and a studio picture next to it and you press the left or right buttons to move to the next studio in that set. This would then reduce the amount of screen space taken up.

Food for thought for you Smile Thank you for the time and effort you put into this, much appreciated and enjoyed Very Happy
JB
JasonB

I suspect the web bidders may be a tad overzealous, especially if you do a megadrop/£1 event - the web bidders (all of which appear to be nameless or new buyers) can pinch all the stock without you ever needing to open the phone lines. This will allow the quantity to fall to 0 and the auction not end until either you exit the auction or open the lines.

It happened a lot on bid tv. They even changed the phone number once and the item still sold before they even released it! From 1:14 onwards:
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
I stand corrected!
RH
richard h
Enjoying the latest update
Just 1 bug I've found so far - if you do a megadrop the lines still light up like a Christmas tree minutes after it locks out which is a nice way to cheat and build up phone revenue.
JB
JasonB
Been playing with this yesterday evening and it's great. I love the chevron graphics and the various new sets.

Can't wait to see if the final sets will be added!
DE
deryn
love it
BB
BBI45
I am so annoyed that I have to do Homework on the day I notice 1.2! However, I have had a quick go and I love it. It is everything I hoped it would be. I am looking forward to playing on it some more later.

Edit: I have now been able to play it and I can say it is another great update. There were 1 or 2 slight issues. However, they didn't affect my enjoyment at all as they were all insignificant. 5/5.
Last edited by BBI45 on 10 January 2017 9:26pm
JO
Josh
Brilliant! But, there are some spelling mistakes, so if you are able to, correct them and I'll be able to give you what I think deserves 5 stars.

4/5
Last edited by Josh on 11 January 2017 5:03pm - 2 times in total
TV
TV Dan
JoshX posted:
Brilliant! But, there are some spelling mistakes, so go correct them and I'll give you 5 stars.

4/5

Hopefully Daniel will tell you where to stick your pompous stars... Thumbs down
BB
BBI45
JoshX posted:
Brilliant! But, there are some spelling mistakes, so go correct them and I'll give you 5 stars.

4/5

Hopefully Daniel will tell you where to stick your pompous stars... Thumbs down

I thought the original comment was rather picky, however, this response is unnecessary. It's these sorts of responses and comments that cause some current members to leave and also deters others from joining. These comments may seem harmless enough, but they can upset others.

If you don't agree with a persons opinion, that's fine.
If you want to say why you don't agree with them, that's fine.
If you want to post a comment that may be hurtful, Step away from the keyboard!

There are people of all ages using this site. Some of these people are more likely to be upset by these sorts of comments. I know that if that comment was aimed at me, I would feel awful.

If you don't take anything else from this post, take this: Think before you post! If you feel like posting a comment which may hurt others, Step away from the keyboard and return when you have something more considerate to say!

I hope I don't have to do another post like this again. I would also like to apologize to DanielC for posting this on a page which really should be about what he has created.
Last edited by BBI45 on 10 January 2017 9:39pm
AS
Asa Admin
JoshX - I don't know if your post was meant to be as blunt as it was "go correct them" but if that had been about my design, I'd probably be a bit put out. TV Dan - your post wasn't necessary.

And BBl45, bold and capital letters can also come across quite rude for some too.

'Step away from the keyboard' and 'think before you post' all round I think. Smile
BB
BBI45
Asa posted:
JoshX - I don't know if your post was meant to be as blunt as it was "go correct them" but if that had been about my design, I'd probably be a bit put out. TV Dan - your post wasn't necessary.

And BBl45, bold and capital letters can also come across quite rude for some too.

'Step away from the keyboard' and 'think before you post' all round I think. Smile

I just wish to state that I was trying to emphasize the points of 'Step away from the keyboard' and 'think before you post'. My post wasn't specifically aimed at anybody and wasn't intended to upset anybody. I used the comment by TV Dan as an example. I have now removed the bold and Capital Letters.

Newer posts