Sky News presentation - New studio onwards

(October 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LO
Londoner
RK
Rkolsen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eK7-lDEN61s

It looks nice. Seems like they wanted to mimic Silicon Valley type amenities. A lot of the amenities seem to be useful but it's also likely designed so you won't have to leave campus and spend more time at work. The only thing that's missing is a quick walk in health clinic and pharmacy.
MA
Markymark

It looks nice. Seems like they wanted to mimic Silicon Valley type amenities. A lot of the amenities seem to be useful but it's also likely designed so you won't have to leave campus and spend more time at work. The only thing that's missing is a quick walk in health clinic and pharmacy.

It's useless for parking though. My lad is working there at present, arrives at 05:30hrs to ensure a parking space
TM
tmorgan96

It's useless for parking though. My lad is working there at present, arrives at 05:30hrs to ensure a parking space

Is there ample access via public transport though?
MA
Markymark

Depends where you're coming from ! Two changes of train, and 2hrs, (plus the drive to the home railway station, plus the cost of parking at the railway station) compared with a 55 min (at that time of the day !) drive door to door, .
NG
noggin Founding member

It's not great. Sky run shuttle buses from some main line stations to help with this. It kind of falls between two stools. Too far in to have decent car parking and not far enough in to have comprehensive 24/7 public transport access.
GL
globaltraffic24

It's not great. Sky run shuttle buses from some main line stations to help with this. It kind of falls between two stools. Too far in to have decent car parking and not far enough in to have comprehensive 24/7 public transport access.

It's always been the same. I worked at Sky more than 10 years ago and parking was horrendous. Since then they have built a small multi-storey car park, but also cut some of the overflow parking away with the new studios.
DE
derek500
It's going to be based in the Millbank studio after this week in the Glass Box.

In the glass box again.
LL
London Lite Founding member
It's going to be based in the Millbank studio after this week in the Glass Box.

In the glass box again.

Common sense prevailed.
DE
derek500
First sighting of new signing Adam Parsons on the 10pm.
LL
London Lite Founding member
First sighting of new signing Adam Parsons on the 10pm.

He was on just after 8pm as well.
II
IrelandIsle
Th picture on some of the cameras in the Osterley studio is terrible, have they replaced all the HD cameras with SD cameras? They are so fuzzy and poor quality in the studio.

Outside broadcasts are fine as are graphics, it's just the cameras are so fuzzy and blurred it's horrible.

Newer posts