TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Used to enjoy catching up with the highlights and live match at night, but not really sure where the day's highlights would be this year? Presumably BT Sport will be doing recaps as part of their nightly coverage?

Saw a bit of Channel 4's stuff yesterday. It's fine, but the graphics and transitions into/out of replays seem a bit.. er, plain.
RO
rob Founding member
Used to enjoy catching up with the highlights and live match at night, but not really sure where the day's highlights would be this year? Presumably BT Sport will be doing recaps as part of their nightly coverage?

Yeah. Although Channel 4 did show highlights of a couple of last night's matches before today's games began.
HA
harshy Founding member
its just showing the channel4 wipe on the worldwide broadcast, it will be interesting to see when bt sport come into play this evening.
RO
robertclark125
Last night, the wipes on BT Sport had "World Championship" on them, same style of wipe as on 4.
HA
harshy Founding member
yeah i can confirm it is so no proper world feed really unlike previous years.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Nice selection of FACR3 Replays to choose from

Ipswich Town v Lincoln City
Sunderland v Burnley
Blackpool v Barnsley
Wigan Athletic v Nottingham Fvest
Birmingham City v Newcastle United
Liverpool v Plymouth Argyle
Bristol City v Fleetwood Town
Bolton Wanderers v Crystal Palace
Norwich City v Southampton
Sutton United v AFC Wimbledon

all ended as Draws

BBC might go for the game at Plymouth in order to get Klopp on, BT could go for Norwich - Southampton wouldn't surprise me to see BT try for a second with the Sunderland or Newcastle matches attractive.
BR
Brekkie
No doubt the BBC will go for Plymouth v Liverpool - it fits their seemingly preferred model of big teams playing away to lower league opposition. The second is trickier to call - Newcastle v Birmingham would be my choice.
PE
peterh
But are two championship clubs going to draw viewers etc
BR
Brekkie
Newcastle probably has more appeal than many of the Premiership teams still in it.
NT
Night Thoughts
While not the most enticing tie, Cardiff v Fulham got a very low attendance after being moved to 11.30am for BBC Wales:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/it-1000-more-expected-cardiff-12422905.amp

How does the Welsh element of FA Cup rights work? Can BBC Wales/ S4C bid on an ad hoc basis or is it written into the current deal? It seems to an odd quirk in TV rights, to say the least.
SW
Steve Williams
No doubt the BBC will go for Plymouth v Liverpool - it fits their seemingly preferred model of big teams playing away to lower league opposition. The second is trickier to call - Newcastle v Birmingham would be my choice.

If the BBC have first choice, of course. The first choice in replay alternates, though I have no idea whose turn it is. But yes, Liverpool is 100% the first choice, for obvious reasons.
PE
peterh
Yes Newcastle are a club who could make it valuable but is it more appealing to go for a premier club

Newer posts