TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain

September 2016 onwards (September 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AA
Aaron_2015
None of ITV's daytime shows were on air today, so I guess it made sense to start the four live daytime shows on the same day.

Refresh wise, I'm pretty sure there won't be one. The only minor changes will probably be in the sofa area, where the darker 'autumnal' colours will gone (eg. the dark orange and brown cushions), replaced with something brighter. I think the yellow lighting will probably go for something warmer as well.

I also see 'Fad Free GMB' will launch tomorrow morning, which is another diet/fitness program. I wish they would stay away from this sort of crap.
nwtv2003 and DavidWhitfield gave kudos
UB
UBox
Probably because all of ITV Daytime returns from its mid season break tomorrow but I do agree it's wierd it wasn't on. Dropping Lorraine today would make sense but GMB is the morning news for ITV so it seems a strange decision.
Don't expect any studio changes but (broken record alert) updated or just slightly tweaked graphics would be nice.
TV
TVViewer256
Joe posted:
Odd - you made your point before I was sarcastic and condescending. Brekkie gave you some feedback and was pretty pleasant about it really. You got very defensive rather than simply accepting it or, perhaps, apologising - perhaps that is why I felt the need to be a little rude to you.

Sorry. I do understand now
TV
TVViewer256
UBox posted:
Probably because all of ITV Daytime returns from its mid season break tomorrow but I do agree it's wierd it wasn't on. Dropping Lorraine today would make sense but GMB is the morning news for ITV so it seems a strange decision.
Don't expect any studio changes but (broken record alert) updated or just slightly tweaked graphics would be nice.

I agree. They should get the weather thing in the bottom-right back
AN
Andrew Founding member
Actually jason2016 I'm glad you raised the question, because why wasn't GMB on air today? They usually broadcast on Bank Holidays. But most likely it is that they were taking the christmas decorations down today.

They don't broadcast on Christmas bank holidays
AA
Aaron_2015
If they insist on doing a diet feature, they really shouldn't have Piers presenting it when he's telling people not to bother with the plan! Just have Charlotte and Susanna do the feature, at least they can both pretend to be interested.

They also had Kate Garraway in the studio yesterday to introduce "Fad Free GMB", but her appearance was pretty pointless. I guess we aren't lucky enough for her role to have been reduced just to reporter...
Barney99 and uktvwatcher gave kudos
NT
NewbieTvFan
They might as well bring back mr motivator for the amount of times GMB does diet features.
BW
BroadcastWales
Two years ago today, they started using the current piano theme. Do you like the current theme with using the original as a special edition theme? Or possibly some may prefer the original?
JT
JamesTV
The original theme is the best in my opinion, I wish it could be bought back.
DW
DavidWhitfield
The original theme is the best in my opinion, I wish it could be bought back.

I couldn't agree more. I feel the current theme is too light, and that the original theme was far more authoritative and appropriate.
NT
NewbieTvFan
It's pointless having the original theme tune which you call authoritative and appropriate when the show isn't very authoritative itself. It's full of light stories, entertainment and diet features. Makes sense to only use original theme when there is a breaking news story. Don't pretend to be something you're not.
FA
fanoftv
I love the original theme but totally agree that it doesn't fit what it has become. The problem is that the 2015 theme is too wishy washy for me. It sort of arrives on screen with a whimper.

Newer posts