TV Home Forum

BBC Idents Around the World

BBC Earth, Entertainment, UKTV etc. (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
With BBC1's effort being so uninspiring I thought it was worth looking what BBC channels around the world are doing. Please add if you can:

BBC Entertainment:

BBC Earth:

BBC Knowledge:

BBC Brit (probably most comparable to what BBC1 is aiming for, but done much better):

BBC UKTV relaunched late last year but can't find the idents. Also what is BBC America doing now, and does BBC Canada still exist?
DB
dbl
Also what is BBC America doing now

Basically...

Very dynamic and would easily kick BBC One's a*se.
Last edited by dbl on 2 January 2017 1:09am
BA
Bail Moderator
Why is the end V/O pitched up like that?
JU
Justin
dbl posted:
Very dynamic and would easily kick BBC One's a*se.

Interesting that they're still using the same 1997 type logo, still looks great!
DB
dbl
Stylistic - BBC America's gone for a robotic-ish approach to promos, there's barely any voiceovers.
GO
gottago
Very odd voiceover.
DB
dbl
This was how it was before:

Comedic warning slide from about 9 years ago..
Last edited by dbl on 2 January 2017 1:13am - 2 times in total
ST
Stuart
With BBC1's effort being so uninspiring I thought it was worth looking what BBC channels around the world are doing.

BBC Brit (probably most comparable to what BBC1 is aiming for, but done much better):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr6SEY2Cevw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGxPPmoCluM

I'd encourage my dog to urinate on that too !
OR
orange
I envy BBC Americas current look, it's absolutely stunning.
MO
Mouseboy33
dbl posted:
Stylistic - BBC America's gone for a robotic-ish approach to promos, there's barely any voiceovers.

And there is barely and new programming to match. So rubbish now. Hardly anything new airing on the channel. Its literally all old StarTrek episodes and they are now airing old CSI Miami. Whoooo. They throw in the odd Dr Who, a movie here or there and the odd old Top Gear. Graham Norton is probably the only the new thing they usually show. THey will be showing Planet Earth II and the new Broadchurch but those new shows are so far and few between..... its a such a waster of channel.
JA
JAS84
does BBC Canada still exist?
Yeah, they still exist. Their website seems to be full of union jacks.
JO
Joe
Blimey yes - I found a grand total of one outside of the header.

Newer posts