TV Home Forum

BBC One 2016 Christmas Presentation

Viewers introduce Christmas Day shows (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JK
JKDerry
BBC One announcer just said that the Christmas Tree ident before Robbie Williams Rocks Big Ben is the last showing of the Christmas idents. 28 days they have been used.
AN
Andrew Founding member
It always is these days, straight after Midnight it's no longer Christmas it's 'New Season'

Like shops that take down Christmas decs on Christmas Eve
BR
Brekkie
If the style continued with the new idents I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the last we've seen of these Christmas idents, though I would hope they at least add to them if they reuse them.

(****, just realised I'm speculating on Christmas 2017 idents 16 minutes into the New Year)
WI
Wicko
If the style continued with the new idents I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the last we've seen of these Christmas idents, though I would hope they at least add to them if they reuse them.

(****, just realised I'm speculating on Christmas 2017 idents 16 minutes into the New Year)

Yep Brekkie! Just 48weeks until December! Happy New Year buddie! You are a delight to debate with, infuriating sometimes, but always a delight.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Despite rumours of reusing the Christmas idents every year in these money strapped times, it never happens even in this era of cuts

The very small number of times it did happen in the mid 00s were the exception rather than the rule and shouldn't be seen as any sort of precident
BR
Brekkie
To be honest though as much as I hated this years effort if reusing them meant BBC2 got something new then that is a sacrifice worth making.
GL
Gluben
Yeah, they won't. If BBC One is anything to go by, BBC Two will get nothing.

Newer posts